cant play any mp3 anymore
anyway, winxp, no spaced dir, no problem with paplayer and special:// dirs
again, it must be related to uac OR spaces in xbmc path
later i'm going to try to disable uac or install xbmc under on a non spaced path (on win7) , just to see what happens Smile
win7, installed in c:\XBMC --> not working
win7, c:\XBMC, UAC off --> still not working
This might be related with the issue that paplayer cant play on fedora with pulse.

But afaik no dev can reproduce which is a bad thing. Ill some extreme logging which people could try out and hopefully we can actch it.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
ok, found what was making paplayer not work, together with imagelib and libid3tag
not only msvcp71.dll is needed, but msvcr71.dll too... so, copying msvcr71.dll to windows\system32 folder solved the problems
why not using jesters builds which already includes those dlls?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
it's no problem using jester's, but i like to include stuff in my builds, like skins and scripts from svn repositories directly in the setup, that's why i build my own Smile
I'm using Jester's build. However, I still seem to get the issue in certain circumstances i.e. if I use the XBMC configuration in the program files folder. If I copy the contents to another folder - it runs fine.

My HTPC isn't that "unclean" as it stands at present - nothing on there other than drivers and media player cinema installed.
Hmmm did a bit more playing around - have to go to bed soon but I guess I learn more about XMBC and I think I have found the culprit and the use case that will resolve the issue - bizarre as it seems. Figured out that the reason that the relocated copy was working was that it was using a different userdata folder. Copied the old userdata folder in - all my configs came back including the playback issue.

Narrowed it down to this - if I use my library scanned music file MyMusic7.db then sound will not play using paplayer, either in library or file mode. However, if I rename that file then a new one is created - I can use the file menu to access my media, and sounds will be heard.

However, from another post it was noted that only tagged files go into the library. This then struck me - my test mp3 files have never been id tagged. So the story is revised to this. If I have my scanned library then un-id tagged files will not play until I have played a tagged file (I guess one that is in the library.) After playing one tagged file (which I assume always played fine), any other file will then play!

Well, will double check this tomorrow as its late but hopefully someone else can verify the above or maybe tell me I am talking rubbish Smile

Kind regards
D
haileris Wrote:I'm using Jester's build. However, I still seem to get the issue in certain circumstances i.e. if I use the XBMC configuration in the program files folder.

Newer builds should be started without the -p option (check the start menu entry) as -p now means portable mode which tries to write everything in the XBMC installation folder. This won't work if not started as admin.
WiSo Wrote:Newer builds should be started without the -p option (check the start menu entry) as -p now means portable mode which tries to write everything in the XBMC installation folder. This won't work if not started as admin.

Haven't been using any start menu option to be fair but thanks for the info. Smile In any case, I think on the post above I figured out the issue...hopefully!
Cheers
D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant play any mp3 anymore0