• 3(current)
MiniMeedia - New Skin
The TV Wide view is library mode only. You're still in file view.
jalesm Wrote:The TV Wide view is library mode only. You're still in file view.

Ah. I suspected as much. I don't use Library view. I've never really liked it.

It's strange, because I defend Library vs. File views in programs like iTunes and iPhoto, but in XBMC I just can't force me to use it. I have never been able to place what is it that doesn't click for me.

Why are some views only available in Library mode? I'd understand if it took advantage of it's metadata and such, but other than that?

I admit I tend to have my directories so well organized there's not much need for Library view Tongue
My folders are well orginized, but I just love the fan art.

Is there a way to have the file listing like in PM3HD where the movies are listed by text not flipping of a movie cover? Maybe its not file view, but it lists the name of the movies to the very right and then the fan art shows on the left.

Either way I'm really liking the simplicity of this skin.
kizer Wrote:My folders are well orginized, but I just love the fan art.

Is there a way to have the file listing like in PM3HD where the movies are listed by text not flipping of a movie cover? Maybe its not file view, but it lists the name of the movies to the very right and then the fan art shows on the left.

Either way I'm really liking the simplicity of this skin.

Sounds like "fanart" view.
Because the library mode is one of the best things about XBMC. And more then a few skins also only have certain views in library mode only, including the one i help work on. I can't think of a reason you wouldn't want to use this anyway. I was totally cool without it at 1st until one day i just set it up and gave it a shot, and NEVER even hesitated to going back and wondered how i stood using file mode even. Even the XBMC code has coded advantages not available in file mode, although over time slowly they have included some of them.

This skin is looking really nice so far. Great job!!!
nm....should read the entire thread first
Skunkmonkey just wondered if you we're planning on testing on Xbox for this? or will the fanart nip it in the bud?
Fanart with Media Companion works fine on my xbox so I would assume that if his textures.xpr file is that much smaller then it will run well.
This skin would replace focus as my preferred look... Please finish soon Rofl
I'm currently running it on my xbox and as the textures is so small then I'm not experiencing any memory issues even with the fanart turned on. Big Grin

Currently it's all coded for a 720p display and I'm considering doing a 1080p version too but there are no plans (at the moment) for a specific 4x3 version (it will run in 4x3 but it will look squished)
Awesome Skin, i'm waiting to test it, especialy in 1080p
I like the mini UI, Mediastream is a very good skin but the screen is too busy for me by the UI
timdog82001 Wrote:Sounds like "fanart" view.

Thanks I'm a bit slow sometimes. Wink
Wow, that one is AWESOME! Will use it definitly! Smile
Any release candidates? gg
WOW! what a great skin! When can we expect a (beta) release?
No Beta release is planned. At the moment the plan is to do a release similar to how we released MediaStream - release a pretty much complete version and then tidy it up and polish it further based on user feedback.

Not quite sure on timescales yet but I'm hoping to be in a position to release something by the end of the month. (Don't hold me to that though!)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia - New Skin2