• 4(current)
MiniMeedia - New Skin
Looking forward to that! I love a minimalistic skin. I sure hope the fonts will be readable on a 82cm PAL screen (unlike Aeon/Horizon).

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Anymore screenshots?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Bram77 Wrote:Looking forward to that! I love a minimalistic skin. I sure hope the fonts will be readable on a 82cm PAL screen (unlike Aeon/Horizon).

There unreadable on a 24 inch 16/9 pal tv.
Good news about a possible release i look forward to testing this skin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I don't currently have any other screenshots that are for sharing at the moment but hopefully there will be something in the next few days.

As for fonts and screen sizes, this skin is designed around a 720p/1080p target audience and am not currently planning on releasing loads of resolution and font options for it so there probably will be users who will need to mod it in order to get it to work for their particular screen desires.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:No Beta release is planned. At the moment the plan is to do a release similar to how we released MediaStream - release a pretty much complete version and then tidy it up and polish it further based on user feedback.

Great news! Thats the best way to do it.

We users would sure like to test an alpha or beta version, but the truth is that it only makes our excitement grow a little weaker.

The MediaStream example you gave is perfect. Releasing a finished skin is the way to go (even if it takes a little longer).

I will hate myself for saying this, but I'm glad you won't release any alpha or beta (even tough I would not be able to control myself if you did Big Grin )
The first set of screenshots I posted were all concerned with video related media so I thought it was about time I posted something music related.

Here's a very early music view:

As for the current status of the skin, it's coming along nicely, although probably slower than I would have liked. The dialogs and media screens are 90% done, although I'm not totally happy with all the dialogs so will probably need to do some tweaking on those.

Once that's done it'll be the fun part where I can put together a decent set of views that can work for all types of media (only 3 views have been properly setup so far).

As for time scales, that's all up in the air at the moment but I wouldn't hold your breath for a release in the next few weeks that's for sure!
Can't wait for this...

To me, this is the ideal skin. Not too much info to mess with, just the necessities on screen. I hate seeing an IMDB plot synopsis of a movie I've seen 20 times on screen that looks to be written by a 2nd grader...and as much as I like Aeon and have used it, I could care less what studio made what movie.

And it shows off fanart! Keep up the good work.
looks amazing. cant wait for the first release :-)
The more I see the more I like.
Keep up the good work.
whats the estimated release date for this..

i love the whole clean aspect. i feel its much better than all of the cluttered big text and menu themes.

have you thought what a default background would look like aswell? eg. if theres no fan art for a particular film.?
L1SE19 Wrote:whats the estimated release date for this..

i love the whole clean aspect. i feel its much better than all of the cluttered big text and menu themes.

have you thought what a default background would look like aswell? eg. if theres no fan art for a particular film.?

No definite idea of a release date as there's a lot of work still to be done in polishing etc but I would doubt this will be out before March/April.

As for default backgrounds, there aren't any really. I'm trying to keep the xpr as small as possible at the moment and don't really see the need to include background images when people can use their own custom backgrounds and fanart.

There are a whole bunch of properties to allow you setup custom background folders for each of the different areas of the skin (movies, tv shows, music etc) so it's up to you what images you want to use as your defaults. (I may release a suggested set of custom backgrounds but they won't actually come with the skin itself)
Added music view image (from above) to the first post as it should be easier to track from there.
I live what you're doing with this skin.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Yeah, nice job Skunk! My type of skin Smile
Looks great! I'm quite excited Laugh
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia - New Skin2