Display Bitrate and File Type - Media Info
Greetings,

Simple question(s) here:

1. How do I get XBMC (8.10 bf1) to display the bit rate and file type of my music? I'd like to view this in "view: media info" mode.

View>media info should be a logical place for this to happen, but there I can't see the bit rate or even the file type (mp3 or FLAC), only title/album/artist/genre, which is more music info than media info.

Song Information does not list my file name, file type, or bit rate.

2. While I'm at it, can I also control which media info I view? I'd like to remove rating and genre.
After further investigation this thread may be mis-categorized. I've found this thread about tags available for audio files, which does not include bit rate or file type.

Additionally, a somewhat cryptic page says that this information is only visible with an info label.

Searching "track naming info label xbmc" i get to this page about info labels with this line under "Available Info Labels for XBMC"
MusicPlayer.BitRate Bitrate of current song
looks like this is what I need....but not sure what to do with it. i'll reply back if I figure this out, chime in if you can point me in the right direction...
Neither value is available at the listing stage - it's only available while playing.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply, not a very significant issue, though it is the 1st lacking feature I've found with XBMC. Guess I'll continue to label my folders with the bit rate and file type in it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display Bitrate and File Type - Media Info0