UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support
:bump:
any progress updates?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
still working on it ...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

good to hear, i hate to ask this because it is obviously a pretty huge undertaking, but any idea how far along percentage-wise you are? hopefully mediaportal gets everything nice and tidy as well so we will be able to enjoy this when all is well. thank you for your efforts thus far, this is an addition i am very anxious to see!
forza: somebody brought up a mediaportal thread again and of course the first thing i thought of was your work on upnp...then one of the mods even dug it up and shared it Smile anyways, nobody has heard anything about the status on this, i was hoping you could share. :agree:
hi forza,

gamester pointed me to contact u for upnp media renderer support in xbmc. i am also planning to do something in this area. probably if we co-ordinate we can come up with atleast a basic implementation faster with support for atleast windows media connect.

do let me know at sachinwaliaatyahoodotcom

warm regards,

sachin walia
hi all,

i was wondering whether this project is off the ground yet. i'm curious to find out if the upnp idea is the best option.

after a lot of searching and filtering and pulling out hair i still can't find any info on a python script for streaming live/timeshifting media portal so upnp has become the focus of my research.

i am pretty useles when it comes to code or anything but if there is anything i could do to help let me know.

cheers
mick

edit:

if anyone does know anything about python scripts for mp please drop a link on here or pm me.
thanks again
mick
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.source...light=xbmc
thanks for the link. yeah i saw that one but no action in months has me a little disheartened...
i was also really excited to read about this as an xbmc feature ... until i also read that if you're using a windows 2003 server to host your media files (like i am) then you probably have to wait until the 'longhorn' server version is released Sad

http://hardware.mcse.ms/message194508.html
Exclamation 
(stormshaker @ june 06 2005,09:10 Wrote:...if you're using a windows 2003 server to host your media files (like i am) then you probably have to wait until the 'longhorn' server version is released Sad http://hardware.mcse.ms/message194508.html
you shouldn't worry about that as windows media connect is not the only upnp-server there is, on2share for one is a free upnp-client/server for windows media player (wmp).
...just to clearify; no, you can not use upnp with xbmc yet as this is still in development (and there's not eta), but once it's here i'm sure open source servers will pop-up too.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the info - i see the the 'twonkyvision' server also seems to have quite a large community behind it, and even though it's commercial price looks very reasonable.
windvd 7 now supports upnp... i cannot wait for xbmc to support it... this will completely rock!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
forza? are you still around...been watching closely to see if you have been having any luck with upnp support for a while now. hope all is well, if you have stopped working on it, could you possibly release your work so far so it can be finished up? best regards,
los93sol
bump.

Smile have been thinking about this since it was first posted and thought i would dig it up before it got buried too deep in the forums.

regards,
los93sol
this is an old thread from the days of xbmp regarding support for multicast. Sad

i honestly don't see how we can do upnp without multicast. any thoughts? forza, what was your plan?

-yuval

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support0