Linux IMDB Scraper and special chars
Hi, i have recently upgraded my ubuntu to 12.4, so my xbmc upgraded to eden 12.0

Since that, my IMDB scraper doesn't retrieve the special characters correctly, any character beyond ASCII7 is retrieved in the html code like "ñ" instead of "ñ" ... that's for actor names, film names, and every field.

i'm sure is a problem with the scraper, because i have no other problem in XBMC (ie. music scraper) and if I manually update the database, I can see correctly the special chars.
no one had this problem?
It's actually because the XML fixes (we had hacks in tinyxml that vanished when the ubuntu releases moved to system tinyxml) have not been applied to the eden branch.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

is there any way to fix this manually until it's fixed on the main branch?

i ve seen somes special characters odd behaviours in the lyrics sections also, maybe they are related
i have the same problem too,
Hi,

I have the same issue. Is there any manual fix to address this issue?

Cheers
(2012-07-30, 03:01)sirdharma Wrote: Hi,

I have the same issue. Is there any manual fix to address this issue?

Cheers

So, I had a look at it when I got back home. The information from the following post actually proved to be very useful: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1115226.

Basically,

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Scraper and special chars0