TheTVDB.com Scraper absolute_number for Anime?
tripe Wrote:How difficult would it be to alter absolute number so that it simply used absolute number to find the episode. Then correctly fetched into the library the actual season #s etc.

I was curious about this idea myself. Theoretically it should be possible since the information in the library is arbitrary and based of nothing but the information that is put into it. It doesn't really have anything to do at all with the filename of the episode itself. I'll keep an eye on this thread in the case that this is implemented.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying ... anyway, What you could try with my lastest version of the tvdb (which has been commited to svn Wink ) if activate the absolute numbering ...

Now in this mode, the scraper should return both episodes as S01e<absolutenumber> and SXXEXX as normal seasons ... so it *should* work all the time both absolute and not absolute

But I may not have understood your request :p
I think they mean they want to skip the season identifier altogether.
If I understand things correctly that would require an XBMC code change and no developer has sprung out of the woodwork to volunteer to do that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
im not sure, but i think yhey are trying to say is that it would be cool if you turn on absolute numbering and name all your episodes s01e54, s01e192 etc etc but they still show up in the library as seasons 1,2,3,4 etc.

The filenames are in absolute format, but once entered into the library, they show up as they normally would with absolute ordering.

Am I making sense?
goku31640 Wrote:it would be cool if you turn on absolute numbering and name all your episodes s01e54, s01e192 etc etc but they still show up in the library as seasons 1,2,3,4 etc.
^^ Basically I meant what he said.
OK Wink

got it ... but yes it'd need changes in the xbmc code ... and i'm not really good enough to do such thing :p
When I do a scan, it seems like all of my episodes are coming back as specials. The number is listed in the filename as " - 050 -" for example. Can you point me in the right direction?

Update:
Okay. I think I see what's going on now. Please correct me if I'm wrong in any of these statements:

1) You're naming the files in the format "S01Exxx" where "xxx" represents the absolute number
2) Using the same format, you're designating specials as season "0" in the format S0Exxx (with "xxx" being the special number again)

If this is correct, I see where some people raising concerns. You can't really rename it if it's in a torrent and you'd like to seed in order to share with others. For example, most of the people that have downloaded DBZ probably got it from the old [AHQ] release which numbers their episodes as I've stated above.

I've only been using XBMC since Thursday, so please forgive my lack of knowledge. So are you saying that XBMC itself hanldes the parsing of the filenames to determine a number and then the scraper takes that and uses it against the database? I guess where I'm a little lost is in what the scraper is handling and what XBMC is doing.

To the leech who scoffed at leaving the names alone for the purposes of a torrent: I guess I'm crazy for wanting to keep seeding in order to allow others to enjoy the same file set? If nobody was seeding, you never would've gotten yours in the first place...
xbmc enumerate a series. the scraper returns an episode guide (i.e. a map with season and episode numbers as key, url as data). we match those, and run the scraper on the url's in question. there is absolutely no problem to handle this if only you are willing to do some stuff yourself.
stick the files in a numbered season folder (season 1). do a regexp to grab the season number for the folder name, the ep number from the files. voila
spiff Wrote:xbmc enumerate a series. the scraper returns an episode guide (i.e. a map with season and episode numbers as key, url as data). we match those, and run the scraper on the url's in question. there is absolutely no problem to handle this if only you are willing to do some stuff yourself.
stick the files in a numbered season folder (season 1). do a regexp to grab the season number for the folder name, the ep number from the files. voila

I think I get what the issue is with what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to have theTVDB actually parse out the seasons and episiodes. This is difficult (impossible?) b/c that's done by XBMC before the query is ever sent. Is there any way to do a reverse lookup during the scrape or possibly a second pass? Is the following even possible?

XBMC enumerates the files -> scrape is done -> data is examined -> re-enumerated by what was returned from the scrape.

I think that's the only way to leave the absolute numbers in the file name and then parse it into manageable seasons (DBZ, I blame you) without renaming any files.
of course it's possible. totally unwanted ofc, but possible. also it doesn't make sense at all, why would we need to fetch anything?
LOL! Okay. It's obvious I'm not making any sense, so scrap what I've said and let me know how you'd solve the following:

Without altering the filenames or separating them out into different folders, I'd like to have the anime series split into seasons as according to theTVDB.com.

The query to theTVDB would be by absolute episode number (177, for example). Once it finds the episode, it also now has the Season and corresponding episode number as well. I'd then like to use the season and episode number returned from the scrape to sort the series into my library.

Does that make any more sense? If so, would you mind giving me the junior dev treatment and laying out the process for me?

Thanks for your continued responsiveness.
hi,

what is needed is a change in the enumeration code itself. currently, as i said, it uses a map with a pair of season,episodenr as key. what would be needed is

1) a set of regexp'es to enumerate episode-only filenames
2) code in the enumerator to use these regexp's and which puts the season number at some random number (1 being the logical)
3) code in the scraper to return the episode guide using absolute numberings and with the season set to the one chosen over
4) backend support for translation - currently there is none. if you request absolute numbering you only get those returned iirc.
I cant get absolute numbering to work.
I try to scrape bleach.
From the log the episode number is detected correctly [serie 01 episode 001] from log (s01e001)

but the xbmc detect it as special episode 01
I have make some try by putting 2 file in the folder with following names:
xxx_s01e001.avi
xxx_s00e001.avi
When i scan i see in top right corner the msg telling me that are searching the episodes number 0x01 and 1x01 but both in library have the tittle of special 01.
Ok i found why appen this.
The problem is the regexp in tvdb.xmb (line 189)
<Episode>.*?<id>([0-9]*)</id>.*?<EpisodeName>([^<]*)</EpisodeName>.*?<absolute_number>([0-9]+)</absolute_number>.*?</Episode>

If the special episodes are on top of the xml file downloaded from tvdb this found the absolute number of the first item that are not empty and ignore the empty <absolute_number></absolute_number>

This regExp instead work...for now..
<Episode>.*?<id>([0-9]*)</id>.*?<EpisodeName>([^<]*)</EpisodeName>.*?<absolute_number>((?:[^<]?)+)

encoded version.
PHP Code:
&lt;Episode&gt;.*?&lt;id&gt;([0-9]*)&lt;/id&gt;.*?&lt;EpisodeName&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/EpisodeName&gt;.*?&lt;absolute_number&gt;((?:[^&lt;]?)+) 
do NOT abuse report post. this is NOT what it is for. you just spammed ALL the forum operators and all of them thought there was something wrong with a post.

if you want our attention you do things the proper way and submit a diff on trac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com Scraper absolute_number for Anime?2