.ts video playback issues
Problem description:
All the movies that i have with the .ts extension, are not playing properly. These movies are stored on the local hard drive.

When i start/resume the movie, it begins as corrupted pixels that slowly repairs itself back to normal or immediately when a new scene begins. When i skip forward, for instance by using the right arrow key, it starts off again as corrupted pixels and corrects again.

During playback the movie feels choppy, almost slowmotion-like, but still in-synch with sound. However, when i hit the O key to see the stats, no frames are dropped.

I have tried two versions of XBMC, both are recent:
1. XBMCSetup-Rev17344-jester-ffmpeg-mt
2. XBMCSetup-Rev17480

Here is the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/f65df2754

My system information:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Ulimate - SP1
- ATI Driver: 8-9_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_68905
- RealTek Driver: 6.0.1.5694

- AMD Athlon™ Dual Core 5050e 2.60 Ghz (at 2.90 Ghz)
- Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G
- 4.00 GB RAM (2x2GB DDR2 SDRAM PC6400 CL5.0)
- Western Digital 500GB SATA300 16MB, WD5000AACS
- HDMI connected ~ 1080i with audio over HDMI

I'll try to make a video of the experience as it is now using my Iphone, if the quality is good enough i'll also post a link...

I hope this is enough information! Keep up the excellent work, XBMC rules Wink
Here is a video i made showing the problems...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z90S2812nYo

I'm not discussing the sluggishness/slowmotion issues in this homemade movie, because thats not really evident when you see it.
Busy forum, no replies? Man, even posts with rants see more action..
Hey there!

Just wondering... did you convert to .TS using MKV2Vob? for PS3 playback then went with XBMC?

I have had shocking results when playing back on XBMC but Media player and VLC played fine.

however I reused MKV2Vob and remuxed back to MP4 and the files now pklay however there is an occasionl section where it might pause and speed up but only maybe a few seconds in a film so its fine more or less.

if its really bad try MKV2Vob to remux back to a different container.

You might notice 'Discontinuity' errors in your debug log?
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nick.
One of the tools is related to PS3 video creation/conversion, but i actually converted .wmv movies in order to play them on the new Western Digital "WD TV" device, which was able to play wmv files but not the WMA Pro audio stream that usually came with it.

The .ts files were actually created using two tools... i converted several wmv files to .ts (including the movie you see in the youtube video) this way, all showing the same problems.

To convert these movies i used:
a. "Super © Converter" to extract the VC-1 coded video stream
b. "XVID4PSP" to extract and encode the WMA Pro audio stream to AC3 640k
c. TSMUXER (part of XVID4PSP) was used to mux both audio and video into a .ts file.

I do recognize that maybe these files are poorly muxed, but the reason i posted the problem here, is because these files did play properly on the "WD TV" and since that device fits in the palm of my hand i sort of assumed my dual core 4gb machine with XBMC to handle the file just as well.

So i sort of expected a "fix your damn .ts file"-reply or several people shouting "i've got the same issue" Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.ts video playback issues0