some general settings questions about Horizonz IV
Guys,

I ve just installed the Horizonz IV skin and I m coming from MediaStream so the skin settings are all new for me. Can someone explain to me some things? My English is not so good and I don t know what those settings do and what is best to pick?

Which viewtype do most of you guys use? I took a quick look and like Showcase and Info so far.

In the Horizonz option the are 2 settings that can be enabled and disabled in the Home Screen settings:
- Full Screen media backdrop. <= what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
- Vignette Visual Effect <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?

In the Horizonz option there are also 2 settings that can be enabled and disabled in the System settings:
- Vignette Visual Effect (For wall, showcase and info views) <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
- Light Crest Special Effects <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?

And last there is the Textures setting:
- Contextual fanart in movies and TV show sections <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?

that s it for now!
Cheers.
Don't dream your life, live your dream
@mod: plxz close topic. Posted it in the Horizonz Sticky hoping for reaction over there.
Don't dream your life, live your dream
THX-UltraII Wrote:Guys,

I ve just installed the Horizonz IV skin and I m coming from MediaStream so the skin settings are all new for me. Can someone explain to me some things? My English is not so good and I don t know what those settings do and what is best to pick?

Which viewtype do most of you guys use? I took a quick look and like Showcase and Info so far.
I usually use Info, but it's just down to personal preference really. Plus whether you use file or library mode.

Quote:2.
In the Horizonz option the are 2 settings that can be enabled and disabled in the Home Screen settings:
- Full Screen media backdrop. <= what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
NFI to be honest, just give it a go and see what happens.
Quote:- Vignette Visual Effect <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
It does this: Vignette

Quote:3.
In the Horizonz option there are also 2 settings that can be enabled and disabled in the System settings:
- Vignette Visual Effect (For wall, showcase and info views) <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
- Light Crest Special Effects <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
Depends on the system you're running the skin on. Personal preference again.

Quote:4.
And last there is the Textures setting:
- Contextual fanart in movies and TV show sections <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
Turn on. If you are using Library mode, have your media named according to conventions, and have an internet connection (which is likely, due to this post).

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some general settings questions about Horizonz IV0