Cover Art for VIDEO_TS Folders
Hi guys,
I apologize if this is obvious, but I cannot find the information anywhere. When I go to "Videos", how do I get my cover art to display for my VIDEO_TS Folders. Presently, I have my cover art inside my folder named "Preview.jpg".

Any help would be appreciated.
tmternes Wrote:If this P.O.S. software plays VIDEO_TS folders, then why everytime I try to on the ATV, it crashes the unit, making it unplayable until an unplug, hero?

That's why all this crap is free. Who the hell would pay for this bug laden junk!

Read the MANUAL
What is up with you guys? I have read the manual, and unless I am missing something, I can't seem to find it.

If it is that easy, why don't you tell an idiot like me where to find it. Wouldn't that save everybody time?

The manual is NOT the ATV manual, so is there a chance that they are slightly different? I don't know, that's why I am asking.

Your indignant responses do not help this forum. It is constant time wasting replies such as yours that make people like me have to get rude.

As far as warnings on this forum are concerned, you should get a warning for sending useless replies. Do you think that it is possible that I HAVE read the manual, and I am still confused?
I have just once again read Videos Settings. Being a rational thinker, I would assume that cover art for videos would be stated here. However they are not. Any help other than read the manual would be appreciated.
What is up with us guys is that the most basic questions that are easily found in the manual are being asked on a daily basis lately. If you read the manual, and looked for the answer to this question, then how did you completely miss HOW-TO add and scan media files into Video Library for the first time? Maybe you should learn to control your temper and people would be more willing to help you out instead of being an ass 3 times in 5 posts.
tmternes Wrote:I have just once again read Videos Settings. Being a rational thinker, I would assume that cover art for videos would be stated here. However they are not. Any help other than read the manual would be appreciated.

A whole 2 minutes! You really looked through it fully, huh? Good thing I posted a link for you...don't want you to work up a sweat. Rolleyes
@tmternes: You're wanting help, yet each time you've been given it, you've responded with vitriol. Your response could have been:

1. Clicked on the link kindly given to me above.
2. Saw there was a "General Usage: Video" link, so clicked on that.
3. Saw there was a Thumbnails link, so clicked on that.
4. Realized I needed to name them "folder.jpg" and did that.

If that doesn't work, then come back with exact details on how your files are laid out and where your thumbs are located and perhaps someone will be willing to ignore previous outbursts and help you further.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall,

For what it is worth, I truly do apologize!

And, I do take back my original rant on this software as it does look truly amazing! I was merely venting at the time and I kind of think you knew that.

My main frustration comes from some of the users in general. I am a very helpful person by nature, and if I can help somebody in 5 minutes to get them started, I will, REGARDLESS of how long I spent learning. I realize that some people on here spend hours upon hours dissecting this software. I can't. I have 2 small children and a family to attend to.

By you SIMPLY stating folder.jpg, I was able to see cover art appear. Now I ask, was that so hard? Now I am able to see firsthand, how it will look. Fantastic!!!

I hope this clears the air a bit.
smcnally75 Wrote:What is up with us guys is that the most basic questions that are easily found in the manual are being asked on a daily basis lately. If you read the manual, and looked for the answer to this question, then how did you completely miss HOW-TO add and scan media files into Video Library for the first time? Maybe you should learn to control your temper and people would be more willing to help you out instead of being an ass 3 times in 5 posts.

Well searched smcnally. now if we could just persuade new people to do the same then life would be whole lot
better
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
tmternes Wrote:jmarshall,

For what it is worth, I truly do apologize!

And, I do take back my original rant on this software as it does look truly amazing! I was merely venting at the time and I kind of think you knew that.

My main frustration comes from some of the users in general. I am a very helpful person by nature, and if I can help somebody in 5 minutes to get them started, I will, REGARDLESS of how long I spent learning. I realize that some people on here spend hours upon hours dissecting this software. I can't. I have 2 small children and a family to attend to.

By you SIMPLY stating folder.jpg, I was able to see cover art appear. Now I ask, was that so hard? Now I am able to see firsthand, how it will look. Fantastic!!!

I hope this clears the air a bit.
Fair comment mate now let's all calm down, at least you are thinking straight with regards to xbmc.
you will find that Most users will go the extra mile to help you but only if you at least have tried to resolve the issue for yourself afterall it's written by users for users and all done in there free time so please respect that.. ok sorted
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
tmternes, I know I've been a little rough towards you but I was just trying to get you to look a little harder. A lot of us have very busy lives like you do so it gets frustrating having to point out things that aren't too difficult to find. Print the manual and stick it next to your toilet. You'll find lots of neat things that you didn't even know existed with XBMC and it will give you lots of ideas to make it exactly how you want. Take it easy and don't get too frustrated.
I have done just that. I would ask that you be a little patient with me as I am just learning.

I know we all have different ways of learning. I must admit, although the manual is very thorough, I find I can get overwhelmed by the amount of info in it.

Personally, I learn by pointers along the way. I find it much more efficient when I am trying to pin down one specific thing.

Once again, I ask that you please be patient with me until I can get a better grasp of this software.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cover Art for VIDEO_TS Folders0