Setting up a NAS with Apple TV
Hi guys,

I have tried, lord knows that I have tried, but I must be the biggest idiot in this forum, as I cannot figure out how to setup a NAS with Apple TV for XBMC.

I have read and reread the manuals, but it is not coming clear to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Setting up the NAS using SMB in nitoTV was an absolute breeze, but in XBMC, I am stumped.

Thank you.
Add Source.
Browse
Add Network Source.
Windows Share -> Browse.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Add Source.
Browse
Add Network Source.
Windows Share -> Browse.

I really do apologize and I am starting to get embarrassed. Where do I start?

I went to Settings/Network/?

I see nowhere in Videos, Music, Pictures, Weather, Scripts, or Settings that allow me to Add Source.

I am so sorry.
From the main screen, select the type of media that you're looking for (videos, music, pictures). Pick "Add Source" from the next screen and follow jmarshall's instructions. You don't add sources from "Settings."

Hope that helps,
Rob
Thanks so much guys.

This worked great! I was thinking I would set the NAS up globally.

Why is Library Mode Greyed Out?
You haven't scanned anything into the library yet. You need to go into the context menu and choose the "Scan into Library..." item. I don't know what the default remote mappings are for ATV, so I don't know how you get to the context menu on that platform.

Rob
mmmfishies Wrote:You haven't scanned anything into the library yet. You need to go into the context menu and choose the "Scan into Library..." item. I don't know what the default remote mappings are for ATV, so I don't know how you get to the context menu on that platform.

Rob

Rob, I really appreciate the help. I have gotten farther on your 2 posts than my luck all day.
Once more, thank you Rob. I FINALLY have this going.

Here's another question:
When you "Scan For New Content" to get the videos into the library, it goes and gathers the information from some site. Would you not agree, the Cover Art is BAD, and in some cases, it shows Boxed set DVD's images, with white backgrounds.

When I view my DVD's in "List" mode, I get my own created covers which are perfect in every way and in high res. If anyone cares http://www.r1db.com is the absolute best site for cover art!

However, once the movie starts, in the bottom corner, the downloaded internet image is there. I assume that I can enter my videos into my library WITHOUT having it reach out to the internet. Is there a super simple way to achieve this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up a NAS with Apple TV0