virtual desktops
I'm using 3 virtual desktops on my XP computer and I'm having a problem with XBMC. The virtual desktop software I'm using is "VirtualWin" (http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/). With VirtualWin I am able to lock certain applications to certain desktops. For example, I lock Firefox to desktop 1, and BeyondTV to desktop 2. These programs lock to their respective desktops correctly. However, XBMC will not lock to desktop 3. Every few minutes XBMC will jump over to whichever desktop I'm currently using. I may be watching TV using BeyondTV on desktop 2 and all of a sudden XBMC will pop over to desktop 2 and cover the TV window.

Does anyone else here have experience running XBMC with Virtual Desktops? I'd appreciate any advice I can get. It does seem to be an XBMC only issue. All other programs are locking to their correct desktops.

Thanks for the help,
--Jon
To follow up my post in case anyone else is having a similar problem:

It seems that XBMC was sending an event every few minutes that would bring the app back into focus. I was able to block this event using VirtualWin and now XBMC is behaving correctly and locking to desktop 3.

--Jon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
virtual desktops0