Xbox to Windows convertee - trying
I have the newest build installed off the front page. I have built my library using MIP and use a portable USB drive to store my videos for testing purposes.

I have the following machines testing with xp.
- Quad Core 2.4 4gig ram
- Dual Core 1.7 1gig ram
- P4 2.8 512meg ram

They all have different processors and different video cards and oddly enough all are made by Dell and run Xp SP3.

I don't off hand know all the Video card brands, but I'd be willing to guess the Quad core has the best and plays pretty well.

Anyways I've tried the following plugins and they never seem to work.
Hulu
TWC supplement
Navi-X
Repo SVN

Now I'm not sure if I'm not doing something correct, but everything I throw at my Xbox just works. I've been around PC's forever and feel very confident that I'm not missing anything, but wanted to know maybe I am or is there a problem with Dell and XP or what?

I was using the various test machines just to get a feel for what Horsepower I need and it appears that 2.8ghz or greater works great, but needs to be coupled with a video card, which makes sense.

Anyways I'd like to build a machine in the compact relm of course custom, but if I have the same problems I have now or appear to have it might be a waste.

Please don't confuse this thread with a request to what Processor power do I need. I'm trying to figure out why some things don't seem to work and if I'm the only one then heck I'm an idiot, but if not any direction would be great. I'd gladly ask each developer what gives, but nobody else seems to be questioning them so I think Its on my end.

Before anybody asks. Yes I do have net connection with all of them and I do check the weather to make sure just as a dummy test. Wink
Try one of the SVN builds (preferably Jester's). There's a sticky post on the top of this section of the forum.
Thank you. I got the Repo installer to work and Hulu. So I was on the right track. Wink

Thanks for the info. I kept seeing people talking about what release they had installed and I was confused since I figured everybody grabbed from the front page. hahahahaha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox to Windows convertee - trying0