I Know it's late, but...
Guys, It is 2 am and I am getting tired. I must be because something is not making sense.

Here goes:

I have a VIDEO_TS Folder (Bad Boys II) playing, as we speak, through XBMC on my iMac.

I burned this disc myself and know without a doubt, that the ONLY Audio I gave it was 5.1 DTS. This is consistent with using the file on my Mac Mini where I have to go into DVD Player and change the Audio selection to DTS to get sound.

How the hell am I getting the movies sound out of my iMac? I have no external decoders attached, I simply have the Audio Out of the iMac going into a 2 Channel Speaker System (Roth MC4 & JM Lab Speakers).

Have I gone completely Mad?
You may have told it to only include DTS but I believe analog stereo and analog Dolby surround automatically go with the movie. I think the only sound options you have a selection over are digital modes.
See here.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Feature...ats/Codecs

I have also some DVD rips that are DTS only, and I get audio out of the ATV just fine. I specifically rip DVDs (I use DVDFab HD Decrypter) with only the minimum soundtracks and subtitles that I need, mainly just to save space. Also less overhead if streaming wirelessly (one sound track typically accounting for roughly 10% of the space).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I Know it's late, but...0