[PATCH] Add "Fit to Screen" advanced setting
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5836

This patch adds a "fittoscreen" option to advanced settings, which when set true causes XBMC to run with SDL_NOFRAME at the current desktop resolution, ignoring the other screen settings. The advantage of this over SDL_FULLSCREEN is that the mouse is not captured. The mouse grab problem has been discussed
here.

I have only tested the patch with separate screen type dual heading in Linux. I suspect it will work with TwinView/Xinerama/MergedFB also. If <fittoscreen>true</fittoscreen> is set on Mac OSX or Windows, it may cause strange things to happen. This should be easy to address; however I do not have Mac or Windows setup to test changes and I decided to leave the other calls to SDL_SetVideoMode untouched.

The method is a bit heavy handed, but it's a small patch, addresses a real user need (see the forum thread above), and will not have any effect when fittoscreen is unset.

Note: I split part of my patch off as ticket #5834, because it's a bugfix and this ticket is a new feature. Without the other patch, the desktop resolution is set wrong on my second monitor and "fit to screen" makes the window too small.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Add "Fit to Screen" advanced setting0