Static song/track information
jmarshall Wrote:Check your debug log to ensure that it's actually reading your custom keymap.xml file.

Paste to pastebin.com if you like.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/m5b2257de

With my limited knowledge, I suppose it has to do with this:

ERROR: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml Doesn't contain <keymap>.

But I started the keymap.xml with <keymap> (and at the end </keymap> )

Hope to hear from you.
Hi,

Is your file called Keymap.xml and not keymap.xml (note case)?

Just check you don't have 2 versions (with different case K's) one which is empty and one with your changes in.
spiderlane Wrote:Hi,

Is your file called Keymap.xml and not keymap.xml (note case)?

Just check you don't have 2 versions (with different case K's) one which is empty and one with your changes in.

File is called Keymap.xml

Just one version!
Hmmn, seems a little odd since the entry in the log seems to contradict the facts!

How are you editing the files? Are you sshing in?

If so, can you do

cat /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml

and paste in the result here?

Just to check that you're definitely editing the same file as xbmc thinks?

Also for info, I've used the lazy option and edited the Keymap.xml which comes with the application in /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/Keymap.xml

This isn't a good idea because this file will be overwritten on the next update - but I was just experimenting with the button mappings to see if it would work

Keep at it - I'm sure we'll get there in the end, mate ;-)
I will give I a try!

First I have to deal with a pizza. (dinnertime here in the netherlands)
Yeah! It is solved!!!!

What I did:

I coppied the Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/Keymap.xml (thanks for that also) to my desktop. Opened it, removed all the lines, and placed the lines from my earlier post in it. Then I place It in to users folder.

Strange thing: If I compare the old one wich wasn't working the file size is about 7kb.
The new one I made is 0,3 kb (if I open them with a text editor the look the same)
Also on my windows pc the old one has a standard icon. the new one doesn't have a standaard icon (if like it's a file type not know to any of my windows programs).
And if I put one file with the other in one folder: windows says: file allready existed, do you wanna replace it. (so the 2 files are the same for windows).

Thanks again to all your people at XBMC.
Glad you got it working. It could be a character set issue you are describing - I think the file needs to be UTF-8 and perhaps the file you created in Windows was using the CP1252 character set?

Anyway either way, you're there now.
That is probally it.

Also noticed: that if I right click on the not working one and select open with xml editor it opens in word. with the other one it opens with a texteditor.

But your right, I'am there now.
It was probably saved as .xml.doc or some such. Silly windows and it's hiding of extensions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It was probably saved as .xml.doc or some such. Silly windows and it's hiding of extensions.

No thats the strange thing about it. I unhide the exetensions. Both are the same.

Agree on the Silly part!
Thanks spiderlane. This Apple Remote was getting on my nerves due to the lack of a contextual menu button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Static song/track information0