TV card
Hi, sorry for my bad english

I want set up my analog tv card with xbmc, but i cant find settings options for TV card anywhere in xbmc, where is it?

thanx!
sorry, xbmc doesn't support tv tuners yet. It's being worked on but for the time being you'll have to find an alternative program that can do all the recording, scheduling, etc. I know xbmc is setup so you can at least view live tv and recordings from other programs, just no actual scheduling etc. yet.
I know this is an old thread, but I have not been able to find the info I want.

Has there been development of a recorder/scheduler for xbmc? It has been over a year, surely this much requested feature is being worked on?

I love the xbmc interface and the great media info retrieval (90%+ accurate). But not being able to schedule recordings is really going to be a show stopper. And elaborate workarounds are not an option since my gf will be using it too...

Any more info on this?
They're still working on official implementation. I believe it's planned for either the next stable release of xbmc, or the one after that. In the meantime, I believe there are a variety of scripts that work quite well and allow scheduling (I think) and definitely playback. I'd take a look through the addons section of the forum.

EDIT: I found this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65488

It says in the initial post that scheduling isn't working, but the thread is 66 pages long and that first post hasn't been updated in a couple of years so it's possible a lot has changed since the first post was updated. As a not so horribly hackish alternative, you could set up xbmc to launch another program for scheduling, such as mediaportal or myth, and when you closed the scheduling program, xbmc would return to fullscreen. Take a look at the Advanced Launcher addon if that's something that sounds interesting to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV card0