Multiple site scraper
Sorry I looked over the scrapers, but I can't fiqure out if this is possible.
Would it be possible to say scrape TheTVDB for pictures, then scrap another site for data, such as ratings.

If this is possible I think I might have some work ahead of me.

Thank you
sstarcher Wrote:Sorry I looked over the scrapers, but I can't fiqure out if this is possible.
Would it be possible to say scrape TheTVDB for pictures, then scrap another site for data, such as ratings.

If this is possible I think I might have some work ahead of me.

Thank you

Yeah, it's possible. What exactly do you want to scrape?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It is possible from my point of view ... the real problem is to link the different sites ...

For movies for example, you get the infos from ... let's say allocine.fr, you want picture from tvdb and rating from imdb ... the real issue I see is ... the missing link ...

It would be easy if all the sites had a common ID (imdb ID is not available everywhere for instance), of if you could be sure all the site hev the same spelling for a particular title ...

Butr theorically, it IS possible :p
Cool when I have some time I'll look into how to do it.
Reason I was asking is I wanted to write a scapper for AniDB.net, but the problem is they have no art work outside of a single picture. So I wanted to use TheTVDB's artwork and episode information where possible.

I talked to the guys over at AniDB and they are still working on there API, but they are slow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple site scraper0