XBMC Database, Movie IMDB on Ubuntu 8.10 Problem
Exclamation 
Hey guys, i'm having a problem, when i add a new source and sellect get cast, plot, cover ect. from iMDB DB it won't update the db? only movies btw.
I have tryed from Rage, Movie xx, iMDB ect. non will get the db.

when I add it for TV iMDB it works perfect

I have tryed to restart xbmc restart computer remove db completely but nothing seems to work, i'm running Ubuntu 8.10 can someone help me?
Big Grin 
so just to clarify your issue, XBMC is not scraping the movie information from internet sources properly right? if this is indeed the case the solution is relatively simple but it would be helpful to know a little more about your configuration so we can be more informed when offering advice. first off, what version of XBMC are you running(Atlantis or the SVN)?

please supply that information and i am sure many users here would be more than willing to offer additional advice.

however with the information you have already provided i would say that the easiest solution would be to select a different movie scraper from the list although it looks like you tried most of them. additionally another option would be to use an external content manager such as "Media Companion". using an external media manager has many other benefits by offering more control over the meta data, fan-art, and cover art. additionally it also comes in handy when you are managing a shared media library which is accessed by multiple XBMC endpoints; this saves large amounts of time because the meta data gets written to locally stored NFO, JPG, and TBN files that ensures that your media libraries are uniform. and because the data is stored locally it makes adding media to multiple libraries extremely fast as the data is only scraped off the internet once and then distributed over the LAN.

Hope this helps, if this didn't answer your question please provide the additional info and we will try to help.

Slice
The imdb scraper has been disabled for reasons easily obtained from a simple forums search.
I think he's trying to say that none of the scrapers are working for him. Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Database, Movie IMDB on Ubuntu 8.10 Problem0