• 9(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon
Edit like this

אייל גולן#EyalGolanOfficial#http://img.youtube.com/i/rI0Slej0fiiwYPhR1EmFBw/mq1.jpg#מזרחי#NoCat#
The YouTube add-on (I'm using version 5.1.5 by bromix, on Kodi14.2/OpenElec 5.0.8) has stopped working as it used to on my system. I'm signed-in to my YouTube account (or was, and still should be)

Searching for, and playing, videos on YouTube works OK.

Clicking "Popular right now" or Subscriptions" now gives the following error:

Quote:Exception in ContentProvider
Unknown kind"

I've tried signing-out, but that gives an error message in the top-left of Kodi

Quote:YouTube
Login Failed

I've tried uninstalling the add-on but it won't let me, saying that it is used by some other add-ons and "This add-on cannot be uninstalled". The same when I try to disable it.

Any idea what I did that screwed up the use of the YouTube addon? I use it a lot, and am missing being able to see my search history and my subscriptions.
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
gsh, this is s "YouTube Channels" addon thread not general YouTube addon.
@asik1,

It didn't work.

(2015-06-26, 11:47)asik1 Wrote: Edit like this

אייל גולן#EyalGolanOfficial#http://img.youtube.com/i/rI0Slej0fiiwYPhR1EmFBw/mq1.jpg#מזרחי#NoCat#
@natko1412,

Do you success to add support for RTL ?

(2015-06-18, 21:06)natko1412 Wrote: this unicode really make troubles because urlencode doesn't support unicode... And I get error all the time, I am really tired of this, doing it for 4 hours and I hope I fixed something and that I didn't break anything Big Grin

Let me know when you face some issues again
@natko1412 ?
natko1412?
Sorry, I had some work for my college, I will take a look soon

Can someone explain the issues that you are facing? I understand that RTL is for arabic and hebrew languages? Also some logs with script errors would be useful

Thanks
Could you take a look at my log? I really want to create an addon with this but I can't get it to open.

http://xbmclogs.com/p1u8ykun5
hey i just installed helix onto my apple tv 2 and i am in love with the nba full games channel, i just cant get it to work yet :/ everytime i click on any game it says script failed. can you please help me to get it to work? i love basketball and nba league pass is way to expensive. btw thank you so much for making this for us basketball fans! your the best!
Installed the addon
when i launch it i get this error

ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube.channels/?mode=listPopular&url
19:21:00 T:1524 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube.channels/?mode=listPopular&url) failed
19:21:00 T:1704 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
Dear All !

Can anybody help with youtube plugin . I use 5.1.16 version and when I want to start the plugin I always get a following error :

13:09:02 T:140181550130944 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.DatabaseError'>
Error Contents: database disk image is malformed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 157, in _internal_root
return self.on_root(context, re_match)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 487, in on_root
self.get_client(context)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 101, in get_client
context.get_function_cache().clear()
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 22, in clear
self._clear()
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 150, in _clear
self._execute(True, query)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 79, in _execute
return self._cursor.execute(query, values)
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
-->End of Python script error report<--
13:09:02 T:140183944824768 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
13:09:02 T:140183944824768 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
13:09:02 T:140181550130944 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:09:03 T:140183454545664 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)

I tried to reinstall plugin from repo and zip also but the problem is always same .
natko1412 are you still around?
The addon is working fine, but how do I copy the list to put on another device?
Where is is? I tried plugin.video.ytchannels folder but no good.
Hi,
1) I have an empty folder name "None", I can't remove it.
2) I have a non named folder icon I can't delete. It gives this error in the log file

14:14:03 T:1866480200 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: (u'foldername',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ytchannels/default.py", line 754, in <module>
foldername=dicti['foldername'][0]
KeyError: (u'foldername',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

3) I would like to remove also "top channels" folder

natko1412 are you still around?
Github user mintsoft fixed natko1412's Youtube Channels plugin for Kodi version 18+ in september of last year. I just found out and wanted to share it.

See:
https://github.com/natko1412/repo.natko1412/pull/7

You can use your old install (or copy over your plugin folder and your addon data folder for ytchannels to a new install) and just replace the default.py with the newer one you find here:
https://github.com/mintsoft/repo.natko14...ytchannels

Or just fresh install the entire plugin from that youtube fork.

4K videoplayback works as well. Smile

(Hurray! Smile )
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon1