AppleTV survey
Apple has an AppleTV survey at

https://surveys.apple.com/survey/155432/181f/

Fill it out and ask for them to open up the AppleTV API to 3rd party developers.
Thanks for the headsup, I filled it out. I hope my comments are noticed and help.
Do you think it's worth posting the link over at Apple discussions or is the link for a select/closed audience ?

Seems to take an eternity to complete the questions.Sad
Can't get the survey page to load, keeps timing out.
the survey is open to all. feel free to post the URL to other forums and get people to ask Apple to open up the AppleTV API to 3rd party developers.
I just tried again and got this:

Quote:Thank you for being willing to participate in this survey. This survey is now inactive. We appreciate your consideration.
I get the feeling they got all the feedback they could need and none of it they wanted.
Hehe, well that was a pretty quick survey.
garyi Wrote:I get the feeling they got all the feedback they could need and none of it they wanted.

Far too many questions about how much content you bought from iTunes store for my liking - I bought the AppleTV when it first came out before the iTunes Store centric interface got implemented. Take 2.0 hijacked AppleTv into a store front for iTMS, when all I wanted was a media player for my media.
My personal feeling is apple need to release some sort of NAS or device for backed up storage that allows ATV to tap into.

I am willing to bet they are getting next to nothing through Itunes from ATV, their film selection is abysmal and expensive. This survay is either the point where they bail or tunr the ATV on its head. The take 2 software did nothing to change the basic shortcomings of the device.

Thank god for XBMC, I am nearly at a point where I can ditch itunes alltogether. However the music section of XBMC is no where near as good as the basic software, scrolling is slow and its not inspiring to look at. But mostly the issue I have is music sounds 'fluttery' with frequent tiny dropouts which is most discouraging, especially as the video side is rock solid.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV survey0