finicky full screen mode...
I don't know if others have this issue, but my xbmc has problem opening and staying in full screen mode sometimes. To try and solve this i have to shutdown the app, close my terminal and restart xbmc. Or i try and hit the "\" a few times and hope it resolves the problem. What normally happens it i will see the title bar at the top of the window, then if i press the full screen key (\) it will change, but the whole window just kinda shifts up leaving the taskbar (or whatever its called in linux) to show along with a little portion of the desktop.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
What distribution are you using?
What desktop (Gnome, KDE, xfce4, etc)
Did you use a tutorial to set up your system?
What is your resolution setting in XBMC?
Is it setup to load in fullscreen mode by default? ( I believe an switch is available for the xbmc binary.)
Do you have drivers installed for your hardware?
What hardware is this running on?
What monitor/s is/are connected?
did you disabled the desktop effects?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
Maxim Wrote:What distribution are you using?
What desktop (Gnome, KDE, xfce4, etc)
I'm using Hardy 8.04 and the regular gnome desktop
Quote:Did you use a tutorial to set up your system?
I mainly followed this guide here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42863 . My hardware is in my signature.
Quote:What is your resolution setting in XBMC?
I had to manually edit my modelines as my HDTV had a bit of overscan. I can't remember the exact settings, but when I get home from work I can post those settings.
Quote:Is it setup to load in fullscreen mode by default? ( I believe an switch is available for the xbmc binary.)
Yes, I have the appearance setting to full screen mode by default

Quote:Do you have drivers installed for your hardware?
I used Envy to install the latest NVIDIA drivers

Quote:did you disabled the desktop effects?
No, I do not believe so. How do I go about doing that?
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Google is your friend. I'm sure you will find lots of hits on turning off desktop effects.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:Google is your friend. I'm sure you will find lots of hits on turning off desktop effects.

Yeah, I'm sure I can find this. Do these settings normally have to be turned off? I don't remember seeing this anywhere before.
Turn them off, solves this issue completely.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
dbldown768 Wrote:Yeah, I'm sure I can find this. Do these settings normally have to be turned off? I don't remember seeing this anywhere before.

compiz is the most common issue it seems. same as desktop effects I guess.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
finicky full screen mode...0