General backdrops for home screen?
I see that there are some great packs out there for movie/tv/music fanart with a few general images mixed in.

Is there a pack or a good place to go for some more general backdrops suitable for the home screens of skins like Aeon/Horizonz?

Thanks in advance.

David
what do you mean by general? I posted my pack of images I use that has a lot of images I collected for the "photography" section which might be considered general. It's somewhere in the fanart forum, probably a couple pages back.
timdog82001 Wrote:what do you mean by general? I posted my pack of images I use that has a lot of images I collected for the "photography" section which might be considered general. It's somewhere in the fanart forum, probably a couple pages back.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I was thinking something like the backdrops used in Mediastream.

i.e.

Movies - A picture of theater seating or a movie reel or movie camera or a marquee...

TV Shows - A picture of an LCD TV, an antenna, a remote control....

Music - CDs, music notation, musical instruments, speakers....

Photos - I'll probably just drop some of my vacation photos into a folder for this one

Weather - Weather equipment, barometer, thermometer, Anemometer, perhaps different weather situations from the weather fanart packs...

Settings - Some sort of control panel type image maybe...

I'm really just looking to give some sort of context while scrolling through.
I know what you're saying. I downloaded one of the big (3 GBs?) torrent packs from this site and it had a ton of those. Keep looking. If you can't find it, I'll try to find the exact torrent when I get home.
2-7offsuit Wrote:I know what you're saying. I downloaded one of the big (3 GBs?) torrent packs from this site and it had a ton of those. Keep looking. If you can't find it, I'll try to find the exact torrent when I get home.

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping there was a pack of just that type of file. I'll be using Movie Info Plus to grab fanart/poster/etc. for only the movies/tv shows that I have so I'd like to avoid a 3 GB download unless absolutely necessary.
Look in this thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43390

I did post the backgrounds what your are looking for. See post #18 en #20.
You don't have to download the whole torrent Big Grin
Waffa Wrote:Look in this thread.

Waffa,

Thanks much. I didn't realize that those type of backgrounds were in there. I'm at work currently and they tend to frown upon torrents and such Rolleyes

I'll certainly check it out when I get home this evening.
Waffa Wrote:Look in this thread.

Those are exactly what I was thinking of. There are a few good ones there. Another place is Deviant Art. There are a few really cool ones there and you really only need one for each menu (instead of 1GB+.)
2-7offsuit Wrote:Another place is Deviant Art. There are a few really cool ones there and you really only need one for each menu (instead of 1GB+.)

For example, I use this one from DeviantArt for my settings backdrop in Stark (which looks pretty cool imho!):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General backdrops for home screen?0