[bug] XBMC cannot rip CDs with /, &, and ! in the track name. Suggestions?
There are a number of potential solutions, all involving CDDARipper.cpp and Util.cpp. The fix should preserve & and ! in the file name, as Linux and Windows (and probably XBox) support this as long as the file is either in quotes or there is a backslash before each special character. / should probably be flattened to _ since neither file system allows it. (Linux handles backslash, but not forward slash in file names.)

One possible solution involves renaming the function and all corresponding calls of MakeLegalFileName in Util.cpp to MakeLegalFullyQualifiedFileName (terminology based on Wikipedia), which will get passed the file, path included. Each part of the path could then call a new MakeLegalFileName, which will handle all this. The new MakeLegalFileName could flatten the / as well, since it will be known to not be a directory separator. The downside of this is that it will affect the python bindings, which use MakeLegalFileName as well.

What is the preferred solution?
That seems like a reasonable solution to me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/attachment/ticket/5908/

I'm not sure what chain of events led me to think the fix would be as complicated as I suggested earlier.
See my comment on the trac report Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[bug] XBMC cannot rip CDs with /, &, and ! in the track name. Suggestions?0