• 7(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux
javoxg Wrote:Does anybody is aware of a Windows build of XBMC that include the Unified PVR Patch?, I'm complete new to XBMC world, so may I ask without doing much research, how difficult is to get the environment to build XBMC on windows?

I published a howto[1] that try to use only packaged softwares, to get vdr working with north american sats providers in Ubuntu Intrepid, I make several change to vdr sources to accomplish that, but I don't see why wouldn't work in other places or providers. I'm trying to integrate XBMC to this howto, I even already repacked[2] XBMC, vdr and streamdev with the patches needed, so if anyone want to give it a try, I'll be glad to help and happy to try to resolve any problem found.

[1]http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50032
[2]https://launchpad.net/~javoxg/+archive/ppa

Could you please add vdr-plugin-analogtv to your ppa? I'm trying to get this running but analogtv has been giving me trouble. I've installed xbmc and vdr from your ppa and everything works, but my only video source is analog.
FaberfoX Wrote:Could you please add vdr-plugin-analogtv to your ppa? I'm trying to get this running but analogtv has been giving me trouble. I've installed xbmc and vdr from your ppa and everything works, but my only video source is analog.

Done!
updated first and second post to latest patch. will sort out the extensions issue soon.
Quote:Changes to XBMC PVR Patch:

- Fixed a crash, if someone try to add channel to group, without groups.
- Added a Dialog to Group-Manager that informs to create a group, see last line.
- Fixed a crash, if delete button is pressed, without groups.
- Changed list views inside TV Home window more to other list styles (like video window).
- Changed formating of MyTV.xml to XBMC formating style.
- Fixed unable to open context menu with mouse (thanks to hotzenplotz5).
- Fixed a crash if delete group inside Group Manager is pressed by mouse.
- Rewritten virtual channel moving, is more stable now.
- Delete and cancel EPG for hidden channels
- Fixed big bug inside "GetFrontendChannelNumber" function
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
i also updated the patch so it compiles with vdr-1.7.4 and the vdr-extensions-67. i had to change some types in alwinus' patch, so feedback would be appreciated, i only could test generic streamdev functionality, which seems to work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Thanks, freezy. You're doing a great job keeping track of things.
I'll compile with the latest patches and get back to you with feedback.

And of course, thanks to alwinus for a fantastic job.

This thread should be made sticky!!
Freezy, testing with the latest patches updated by you, I get this error:

http://pastebin.com/m1cefdbc4

Any ideias? Did you compile without errors?

Why isn't alwinus making the patches against vdr-1.7.4?
are you on 32 or 64 bit?
Ubuntu 8.10 64 bits.

Everything else is ubuntu standard (kernel, gcc, etc).

BTW, pulled xbmc-vdpau r18118 instead of linuxport/XBMC r18100 and applied all patches cleanly. Compiled and is working just fine. Apart from the tv, which needs testing... Wink

And vdpau is doing a great job!!

XBMC + VDR + VDPAU!! wow
Hi,

The vdr plugin seems cool, however there is a little something that bother me.
Will there also be a generic OSD like the one vdr provides ?
Because without this, how can we acces configure and use the hundreds vdr plugins without having to design a specific gui for them on XBMC side ? Shocked

do you plan to do a secondary menu with a dynamic OSD fed from vdr datas or something like that ?
hi
thx for great info, i had vdr 1.6 up and running, but this has impressed me so i made a fresh install of ubuntu 8.10 and have been follwing the installs steps but i cant get the streamdev to compile, can you help me out? This is what i get:

server/connectionVTP.c: At global scope:
server/connectionVTP.c:902: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘if’
make[1]: *** [server/connectionVTP.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/streamdev'
Plugin svdrpdemo:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
Plugin xineliboutput:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'
Makefile:461: *********************** xineliboutput ***************************
Makefile:461: Xine plugins and frontends will not be installed automatically.
Makefile:461: To install files execute "make install" in
Makefile:461: /home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput
Makefile:461: *****************************************************************
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'

*** failed plugins: streamdev

regards
hafeez Wrote:Thanks alwinus,
I tried it with vdr 1.7.4
Patched and compiled it with ../VDR-Extensions-Patch-67/vdr-1.7.4_extensions.diff & ../vdr-1.7.2_GetRecordingEvent.patch & ../VDR-Extensions-Patch-67/extras/vdr-1.6.0-2-ext_parentalrating-content.diff

But I get stuck again at the streamdev plugin.
Without the streamdev-cvs180209_xbmc-v4.patch it compiles but with the patch I get:
Code:
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -c -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DUSE_CMDRECCMDI18N -DUSE_CMDSUBMENU -DUSE_CUTTIME -DUSE_DDEPGENTRY -DUSE_DOLBYINREC -DUSE_LIEMIKUUTIO -DUSE_PLUGINMISSING -DUSE_SETTIME -DUSE_WAREAGLEICON -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"streamdev"' -I/usr/src/s2-liplianin/linux/include -I../../../include -I. -o server/connectionVTP.o server/connectionVTP.c
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:157: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:162: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:157: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:162: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cLSTEHandler::Next(bool&)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:221: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:391: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:407: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:391: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:407: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cLSTCHandler::Next(bool&)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:435: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:458: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:499: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:503: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:511: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor âcLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:499: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:503: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:511: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cLSTTHandler::Next(bool&)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:531: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:547: warning: ignoring return value of âint asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
./server/connectionVTP.h: In constructor âcConnectionVTP::cConnectionVTP()â:
./server/connectionVTP.h:36: warning: âcConnectionVTP::m_LSTTHandlerâ will be initialized after
./server/connectionVTP.h:30: warning:   âRecPlayer* cConnectionVTP::m_RecPlayerâ
server/connectionVTP.c:555: warning:   when initialized here
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdREAD(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:854: warning: format â%uâ expects type âunsigned intâ, but argument 4 has type âlong unsigned intâ
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdPLAY(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:911: warning: format â%lluâ expects type âlong long unsigned intâ, but argument 4 has type âuint64_tâ
server/connectionVTP.c:911: warning: format â%luâ expects type âlong unsigned intâ, but argument 5 has type âuint32_tâ
server/connectionVTP.c:902: warning: unused variable ârecordingsâ
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdLSTR(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: format â%ldâ expects type âlong intâ, but argument 4 has type âtEventIDâ
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: format â%ldâ expects type âlong intâ, but argument 6 has type âintâ
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: too many arguments for format
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdRENR(char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1365: error: no matching function for call to âcRecording::Rename(char*&, int*, int*)â
../../../include/vdr/recording.h:182: note: candidates are: bool cRecording::Rename(const char*)
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::CmdFRAM(const char*)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1622: warning: unused variable ârecordingâ
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function âbool cConnectionVTP::Respond(int, const char*, ...)â:
server/connectionVTP.c:1655: warning: ignoring return value of âint vasprintf(char**, const char*, __va_list_tag*)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/streamdev'
Plugin svdrpdemo:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
Plugin xineliboutput:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'
Makefile:462: *********************** xineliboutput ***************************
Makefile:462: Xine plugins and frontends will not be installed automatically.
Makefile:462: To install files execute "make install" in
Makefile:462: /usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput
Makefile:462: *****************************************************************
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'

Looks like it still doesn't like the patch: vdr-1.7.2_GetRecordingEvent.patch, which changes recording.h in VDR

Any luck on this, i get exactly the same error when i try to install thisHuh
Stones Wrote:hi
thx for great info, i had vdr 1.6 up and running, but this has impressed me so i made a fresh install of ubuntu 8.10 and have been follwing the installs steps but i cant get the streamdev to compile, can you help me out? This is what i get:

server/connectionVTP.c:902: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘if’
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/streamdev'
Plugin svdrpdemo:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo'
Plugin xineliboutput:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'
Makefile:461: *********************** xineliboutput ***************************
Makefile:461: Xine plugins and frontends will not be installed automatically.
Makefile:461: To install files execute "make install" in
Makefile:461: /home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput
Makefile:461: *****************************************************************
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vdr/src/vdr-1.7.4/PLUGINS/src/xineliboutput'

regards

this is not the log for streamdev here
it should be "above" in the output log
Code:
libavcodec/libfaad.c:322: Fehler: »libfaad« ist hier nicht deklariert (nicht in einer Funktion)
libavcodec/libfaad.c:329: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp
libavcodec/libfaad.c:331: Fehler: expected »,« or »;« at end of input
make: *** [libavcodec/libfaad.o] Fehler 1
Sad

where is the problem. I have a absolut clean Ubunt 8.10 with NOVA HD S2
mirak63 Wrote:this is not the log for streamdev here
it should be "above" in the output log

This is what i get when i go into streamdev and make

vdr@Vidic:~/src/vdr/PLUGINS/src/streamdev$ make
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -c -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DUSE_CMDRECCMDI18N -DUSE_CMDSUBMENU -DUSE_CUTTIME -DUSE_DDEPGENTRY -DUSE_DOLBYINREC -DUSE_LIEMIKUUTIO -DUSE_PARENTALRATING -DUSE_PLUGINMISSING -DUSE_SETTIME -DUSE_WAREAGLEICON -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"streamdev"' -I../../../include -I. -o server/connectionVTP.o server/connectionVTP.c
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:95: error: ‘dmsdFromToTime’ was not declared in this scope
server/connectionVTP.c:98: error: ‘fromtime’ was not declared in this scope
server/connectionVTP.c:108: error: ‘m_ToTime’ was not declared in this scope
server/connectionVTP.c:142: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:147: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTEHandler::cLSTEHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:142: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:147: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cLSTEHandler::Next(bool&)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:193: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:342: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:358: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTCHandler::cLSTCHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:342: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:358: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cLSTCHandler::Next(bool&)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:386: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:409: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:450: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:454: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:462: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In constructor ‘cLSTTHandler::cLSTTHandler(cConnectionVTP*, const char*)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:450: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:454: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:462: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function ‘bool cLSTTHandler::Next(bool&)’:
server/connectionVTP.c:482: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
server/connectionVTP.c:498: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int asprintf(char**, const char*, ...)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server/connectionVTP.c:754: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘if’
make: *** [server/connectionVTP.o] Error 1
@Stones: which patch are you using for streamdev?

@mwfv: sudo apt-get install libfaad-dev?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux14