XBMC crashes when I navigate to a directory with an *.OGG file in music mode
I AM USING: XBMC 8.10.bf1 (SVN-16366M) on an Apple TV 10.4.7 (Build 8N5722).

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: When I select music playback from the main menu and then navigate to a directory that contains any *.ogg file, XBMC crashes/reboots, with the debug log at http://pastebin.com/m208264c

PROBLEM IS REPEATABLE: I've confirmed this multiple times with a very high confidence level. Removing ogg files removes crash, just one ogg file causes the crash. Confirmed with several different directories containing all sorts of different types of ogg files. I haven't observed this problem with other file types.

OB-DISCLAIMER: I'm a very happy (and very new) XBMC user on apple tv! I will provide whatever additional information or assistance that anybody requests. Because this is my first bug report, I've tried to get as much info as I can, but please forgive me if I've forgotten something important.

Thanks,
J News
Thanks for the report, and welcome to the forums.

It's already been fixed in SVN - you'll need a newer build. I believe there may be one available from the forums here.

EDIT: Since I'm feeling particularly helpful today, try this:

1. Grab the file from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19HJ8851
2. Place it in the system/players/paplayer folder (wherever that may be on your appletv).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks! That worked perfectly. Everything is working great now. You made my day!
You're most welcome. Enjoy using XBMC.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi,

I’m having the same problem (.ogg files crash xbmc) so downloaded the newer SVN file from the link above but aren’t sure where to put it.

I checked using FileZilla but can’t see where the file system goes system/players/paplayer

I'm using XBMC Atlantis (bf1) on ATV 2.3.1

New here after my old xbox died (ATV is a big improvement over the old xbox), and as I’m sure you can guess, barely technically literate.

Thanks for any help
Please upgrade to XBMC Babylon RC1 (or later if out by the time you read this) and try again.
Thanks althekiller

Upgraded and seem to have solved the ogg file problem. Lost my library which I can't seem to re-scan but have posted a question another thread to answer this.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when I navigate to a directory with an *.OGG file in music mode0