how to load xbmc when windows starts?
the title asks it all, what is needed to load xbmc after windows loads all its drivers and startup programs?
autostart a timer software that launches xbmc after a specified time.. think there are several alternatives out there ( use google ) or tell me and I'll upload my own creation Wink
blittan Wrote:autostart a timer software that launches xbmc after a specified time.. think there are several alternatives out there ( use google ) or tell me and I'll upload my own creation Wink

finding this software to do this specifically is proving difficult. could you provide something that autolaunches xbmc after say 45 secs?
edit: or at least suggest a free software that can easily do this. i found one thing but its shareware, and i dont really want to have to pay for such a simple program.
i know this sounds a little obvious.... but why not just copy the shortcut into startup folder?

works fine for me and xp sp3, starts mode2006's xbox remote server, then opens up xbmc , no worries.

maybe is different for vista i dont know??

regards,
Dam0
Dam0 Wrote:i know this sounds a little obvious.... but why not just copy the shortcut into startup folder?

works fine for me and xp sp3, starts mode2006's xbox remote server, then opens up xbmc , no worries.

regards,
Dam0

will this still allow any other windows startup drivers/programs to load in the background while xbmc up?

i thought i read a post a while ago saying some other programs didnt load. :confused2:
just tried that, and it worked just fine. so nevermind my ignorance...move along nothing more to see here lol
Well, that worked for me too, but I'm having a problem. I use uiCE with winlirc for my remote, and somehow when Vista loads (it shows the Welcome screen while loading XBMC and uiCE in the background) XBMC is in fullscreen but it doesn't have focus, I have to click on it to use it.

How can I solve this ??

Thanks
Just use this simple startup delay VBS script...
http://www.billsway.com/vbspage/
I have one sata drive where it is not needed and everything seems to start before XBMC kicks in. But I have another IDE drive for testing where I have to delay the startup for a few seconds to get eventghost to load first. Just use a copy of the link from the start menu in this script because if you just put in xbmc.exe it will not pass your switches (-fs and/or -p).
tebicenter Wrote:Well, that worked for me too, but I'm having a problem. I use uiCE with winlirc for my remote, and somehow when Vista loads (it shows the Welcome screen while loading XBMC and uiCE in the background) XBMC is in fullscreen but it doesn't have focus, I have to click on it to use it.

How can I solve this ??

Thanks

In the General Options of uICE select "Hide at startup".
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=autorun
Check out Startup Delayer, it is what I am using and is a nice little app. You have a list of things that run at startup, and can choose what order and delay time for each.

Startup Delayer
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Might not be the cleanest thing in the world, but I put xbmc fullscreen in start>programs>startup along with a little batch script i wrote.

The batch script uses CMDOW
http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdow/

to push xbmc to the front every second for 60 seconds
(I did this to make sure that if any other programs started they wouldnt take preference over xbmc)
and since it was selected i could use my wireless 360 controller with it.

xbmc-front.bat (ping is used in place of a delay)
Code:
set counter=0

:loop
set /a counter=%counter%+1

cmdow "XBMC Media Center" /ACT /TOP
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 -w 1

If %counter% == 60 goto Exit
goto loop
:Exit
Add an xbmc short cut to this path. Mine works perfectly.

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
jrice219 Wrote:Add an xbmc short cut to this path. Mine works perfectly.

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Isn't this exactly what Dam0 said -

Dam0 Wrote:i know this sounds a little obvious.... but why not just copy the shortcut into startup folder?

regards,
Dam0
Yes it looks like it is. Sorry haha. I just thought it would be nice if he/she knew the exact path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to load xbmc when windows starts?0