Why does the UK langinfo.xml not contain AM & PM?
Every time I update update XBMC I have to edit the langinfo.xml from this -

PHP Code:
<time symbolAM="" symbolPM="">H:mm:ss</time

to this -

PHP Code:
<time symbolAM="AM" symbolPM="PM">h:mm:ss xx</time

if I want to display AM and PM in MediaStream.

Why is it not already included?
does UK use AM/PM? thought it used 24h clock.
The only things in my home that show 24hr time are my PCs, everything else is AM/PM.

Just check out a couple of TV listings for UK -

http://tveasy.co.uk/

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/
yes, but what is the standard time format for UK? is it 24 or 12 hours.. if it's 12 hours, then langinfo.xml should be altered..

otherwise we might add another UK region with 12 hour format
There is no standard here in the UK, both are used, it just comes down to personal choice.
billyad2000 Wrote:There is no standard here in the UK, both are used, it just comes down to personal choice.
Train timetables? That's one way to see what's standard. It's almost impossible that a developed country such as the UK does not have standards for time notation.
In general conversation no one I know uses the 24hr clock to describe the time.
ok, what about adding another region with 12h format.

eg: UK 24h and UK 12h ?

what do you guys think?
That'd be the simplest solution.
Added to svn r17760, enjoy Smile
Hitcher Wrote:In general conversation no one I know uses the 24hr clock to describe the time.
That's true for other countries as well, which doesn't detract from the fact that official times do not use the AM and PM notation.

In other countries you can say "let's meet at nine" and PM or AM is extrapolated from the context.

Edit: the double choice is obviously perfect for everybody, I'm not complaining! Smile
Thanks very much.
Then maybe that setting should be reworked, so we make 12/24 hour clock a choice and not permanently defined in langinfo.xml (it should be defined there as well, but only as a default that the users can change)
Not sure if anyone is still paying attention to this thread...

But a choice between 24/12 hour clock would be ideal. I'm using the UK setting only because I like the 24 hour format. Yeah. I can edit the .xml file... but that would be an functionality that should be added to xbmc. IMHO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does the UK langinfo.xml not contain AM & PM?0