Exit / Shutdown Button
In XBMC with the default skin, I can click the shutdown button and I get a menu strip. It has a button "Exit XBMC" and another that says "Shutdown." Both of these buttons just exit XBMC. It would be cool if the shutdown button would actually shut down the computer.

other wishes:
If I press and hold the middle button on my wireless Xbox 360 controller it brings up this menu strip also. It would be cool if choosing the shutdown button would not only shutdown the computer, but turn off the controller instead of the ~5 minute timeout to auto turn it off. While XBMC is running, it would also be neat if the system could poke at the controller and do some sort of 'keepalive' so the controller wont shut off. Lastly, it would be cool if we could boot a computer via the controller...the Mac will keep power going to the wireless dongle but it would take a miracle to make it boot. Maybe if the computer was in standby mode instead of shutdown it would work.
If you dig through the system settings you can set what the action of the shutdown button does. Assuming xbmc can detect the press of that button on your controller you should be able to map it no problem. The action is the same as the one mapped to "S" on the keyboard by default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exit / Shutdown Button0