SVN 17700 No sound, Failed to initialized audio device.
Hi,

I've been using the SVN version for quite a while now, I updated to 17700 this morning and my sound is not functioning anymore.

I've disabled pulseaudio, by not launching it at boot; and i've renamed the pulseaudio binary. With the old builds it works perfectly. I'll include my log in the next reply.

Thanks,

Bart
Looks like this line is the culprint

Code:
16:33:15 T:2803600272 M:1619726336   DEBUG: CALSADirectSound::CALSADirectSound - opening alsa device
16:33:15 T:2803600272 M:1619726336   DEBUG: Initialize - using alsa device iec958:AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2
16:33:15 T:2803600272 M:1619726336   ERROR: Initialize - device iec958:AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2 busy retrying...

If i test my sound in ubuntu, it works fine. I even hear the menu sounds in XBMC. But i guess the menu sounds rely on SDL.

Here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/mee42cf3
I have the same problem. I also updated this afternoon to svn 17700 (compiled Friday the 13th :-).
I also checked if the sound was muted with the alsamixer, but it wasn't. Menu sound in XBMC is still working.
Changed the sound in the system settings from default to spdif but still no success :-(

Can someone confirm there is a bug in svn 17700?
Thanks!

C0SMiC
Same problem here using analog multi channel. Sound worked again when i disabled it in advanced settings. Tested with two soundcards, both have same results. Sorry i cant post a log atm as i have reverted to a previous revision.

cheers.
harryzimm Wrote:Same problem here using analog multi channel. Sound worked again when i disabled it in advanced settings. Tested with two soundcards, both have same results. Sorry i cant post a log atm as i have reverted to a previous revision.

cheers.

How did you got it working? What dit you enter in advancesettings.xml??
Change iec958 to default. See if that fixes the problem.
updated to 17700 now the video stutters and the audio is no longer works
please help...
Report and revert back to the previous revision that you had checked out from the svn. It is beta for a reason.
When you use the SVN PPA reverting back is not an option, sadly. Still haven't been able to figure out what's wrong.
is there anyway to see a list of updates already installed? perhaps i can pin point it.. two different machines affected. One with an NVIDIA and one with Intel gpu's both got updated to 17700.. but maybe it was some other update? please help
I'm wondering if there are users that don't have problems with audio in the 17700 build?? Al my computers here exhibit the same problems.
Same problem here. Have sound in Ubuntu and in the XBMC menu. But no sound when I try to play a movie.
bartdesign Wrote:When you use the SVN PPA reverting back is not an option, sadly. Still haven't been able to figure out what's wrong.

Yes you can quite easily. You'll remove the old one using make remove I believe. Then check out a previous revision that did work for you using the svn client.
Exclamation 
I seem to have the same problem here - DOH! I hadn't update my girlfriend's XBMC install in awhile but I decided to do it since it was a good bit behind. As soon as I did I lost sound - I even get a little balloon from Ubuntu that pops up from behind telling me that no sound card was found. Argh! I had everything working under HDMI perfectly until this update. I will revert back to just prior to 17700 and see if that fixes it <sigh> I am currently on 17735 dead in the waterNo
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Same problem here, anyone know if you can get a previous version of ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn build?

Maybe they will revert it back and make a new release soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 17700 No sound, Failed to initialized audio device.0