xbmc keeps shutting down my who pc now on exit
Ok, so i guess i had a bit of time on my hands today and I was trying to tweak my xbmc hardy installation. I was following the directions here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Inst...start_XBMC on how to get xbmc to autostart. Well i modified the even.d file and added the bash_profile and I was getting some .xsession errors so I wanted to go back to the way it was before.

I was able to restore my setting GNOME as my default way to login. My id "xbmc" will not auto login to gnome, but the problem I am having, is normally when i selected "shutdown xbmc" it would exit xbmc and go back to the desktop. I should mention that I normally use MediaStream as my skin. Now it is shutting down my whole pc. How can I set it so it will just exit the application again?

the following shows up in my .xsession-errors ( granted I have no idea what may have been there before ) :
Code:
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=en_US.
Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.
SESSION_MANAGER=local/xbmc-desktop:/tmp/.ICE-unix/5889
** Message: another SSH agent is running at: /tmp/ssh-hOGmuc5889/agent.5889
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL front:0
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL front:0
Shutdown failed or nothing to shut down.
xrdb:  "*Label.background" on line 220 overrides entry on line 150
xrdb:  "*Text.background" on line 226 overrides entry on line 191
xrdb:  "*Label.foreground" on line 232 overrides entry on line 151
xrdb:  "*Text.foreground" on line 238 overrides entry on line 192
Window manager warning: Failed to read saved session file /home/xbmc/.metacity/sessions/default0.ms: Failed to open file '/home/xbmc/.metacity/sessions/default0.ms': No such file or directory

Tracker version 0.6.6 Copyright (c) 2005-2007 by Jamie McCracken ([email protected])

This program is free software and comes without any warranty.
It is licensed under version 2 or later of the General Public License which can be viewed at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

Initialising tracker...
Could not set idle IO priority...attempting best effort 7 priority
starting HAL detection for ac adaptors...none found
Throttle level is 0
seahorse nautilus module initialized
Initializing nautilus-share extension
evolution-alarm-notify-Message: Setting timeout for 18224 1234742400 1234724176
evolution-alarm-notify-Message:  Sun Feb 15 18:00:00 2009

evolution-alarm-notify-Message:  Sun Feb 15 12:56:16 2009

** (nautilus:6114): WARNING **: Unable to add monitor: Not supported
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
6083 ?        00:00:00 pulseaudio
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
I guess I can answer my own question. I guess somehow the script i used in the .xsession set the default shutdown mode to "shutdown" instead of "quit"
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc keeps shutting down my who pc now on exit0