.ISO HD DVD support question
I read this in the manual
Quote:Does XBMC support Blu-ray or HD DVD playback with out without menus?

No. There is not yet any C/C++ open source software out there yet capable of fully playing back Blu-ray or HD DVD so we can not add the code from somewhere in any case. FFmpeg (the open source codec-suit that XBMC uses) will probably relativly soon be able to decode all audio and video codecs used in both Blu-ray and HD DVD, but even when that happens you still have to get around the DRM encryptions used by the disc formats and there is not yet any C/C++ open source software library capable of that on-the-fly, nither is there any C/C++ open source software library out there capable of displaying Blu-ray or HD DVD menus. XBMC need C/C++ open source software libraries for all of these things to fully support Blu-ray or HD DVD playback.

I tried doing a search and got mixed results that didn't seem to answer this question.

I thought I had read of people being able to play HD DVD iso's with XBMC, but then I came accross this I guess it seems questionable now.

So can XBMC play an HD DVD I rip to an image with anydvd hd? Or should I just stick with my current lame solution (mount with daemon & play with powerDVD ultra).
If it is ripped and not compressed in any way, I do not think the ffmpeg codec supports it. Why just try one and let us all know? It seems like a very simple experiment.
SlaveUnit Wrote:If it is ripped and not compressed in any way, I do not think the ffmpeg codec supports it. Why just try one and let us all know? It seems like a very simple experiment.

I haven't installed XBMC yet because I'm still researching my build & I'm currently at work. Maybe I'll give it a shot tonight when I get off work (though I may not get a chance...). Was just hoping someone knew for sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.ISO HD DVD support question0