[AppleTV] XBMC streaming from FreeNAS?
Hello,

I am having an issue getting xbmc setup with a freeNAS server that i built. I was wondering what i needed to do to get xbmc to recognize the NAS. I have enabled upnp in freenas and have added the share/directory. I can access it from my network and also from winSCP just fine. Any suggestions? Im new to both xbmc and freenas so please bare with me.

Thanks!
I will be building one of these shortly. did u enable the upnp server in xbmc?
I tried Upnp and SMB both my pc and mac see the freenas network and Appletv (XBMC) see the pc. I even See the workgroup network but when I browse the network it gives me a invalid error..

Did you ever solve this?? and how?? please.. like all the stuff XBMC FreeNas but need to make them talk..

thanks
Ian
XBMC, generally speaking, works better when the serving computer shares using SMB.

To resolve this issue, it might help if you were a little more clear about your setup. Posting debug logs would also be good.

Which computer is using freenas, how many computer are attempting to access the NAS, and how many of those computers are you attempting to use to run XBMC.

Which computer or computers is receiving an invalid error, and is this occurring while browsing using XBMC or just while generally browsing?
Hi.

My XP and Apple Os X, can access the FreeNAS but only the AppleTV is running XBMC.

Last Night I tried Boxee on same apple tv and it found everything and played videos so It isn't a connection thing (hardware)

So only the XBMC - Appletv is getting the invaid error.

I read somewhere there may be a ip Conflict. But XBMC has a slightly:
xxx.xxx.xxx.102 vs xxx.xxx.xxx.101 ip so don't think it's that.. could it be?

I have the SMB set up for local and Anonymous but do you think setting up a User might work/ fix it?

The reason I built the FreeNas was to serve files to XBMC.

Thanks for any help.
Ian
If Boxee can find the videos, XBMC for Appletv should as well, since they're built on the same code. I'm gonna move this thread over to the Apple forum in the hope that someone there might have an idea.
Debug log to start would be best.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry how do I copy or display the debug xbmc.log in ssh.
All this fancy network stuff is new to me.

thanks.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124
OK Hope this is right.. and it helps...

The first connection is the one that error
the second is to my pc. which works fine..
as I said before Boxee found the files ok..

I even updated to the current version of xbmc just in case.

Network looks like this.

Appletv ----- \
Pc with XP----Dlink router <----- Powerbook wireless
FreeNas -----/

no internet connected..

Setting up a user account did nada !

thanks again.
Ian

http://pastebin.ca/1492953

Addendum: Updated and ran latest version of: Boxee and it found everything fine.

Also noticing slow network access, Finding Network etc, all other machines seem to work fine.
Will try PPC XBMC on Powerbook to see if it same glitch happens.. Looking like a bug not a setting thing.. si?

Anyone any ideas some one must have solved this?? Don't want to have to use boxee..
After giving up and then getting mad and then giving up again I found a weird
work around.

I went to copy files. Scanned for network / SMB then added the freenas location there. Now it see the network without 'Invalid Error' as mentioned above.

Why? I have no idea. Maybe it was all fixed in the new version... I hope...
But there you go.. hope it helps someone it made me nutz for many months.

Ciao.
Ian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] XBMC streaming from FreeNAS?0