[ALL] Allow to control how many weather cities we want to monitor
Is it possible to remove one or two locations for the Weather?

I'm actually interested in only two locations to know the weather about. And it sucks a bit that I have to go through a third location (that I don't care about) when going through the weather conditions for all the cities.

There's no reason to force a specific number of locations, we should be allowed to select how many locations we want to monitor. Even go beyond 3 if some people have the need for it, it shouldn't be such a problem to do this. I think...

Just a suggestion though. But please, at least allows to remove one or two locations... That third location that I don't care about is really annoying Sad
We can't go beyond 3. It's a limit imposed by http://www.weather.com.

I don't see a problem with limiting it down to less than 3 if you want that, though it's probably non-trivial to change.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

+1 on this. I only care about 2 cities also.
jmarshall Wrote:We can't go beyond 3. It's a limit imposed by www.weather.com.
I didn't know that... But it's a limit the impose in some kind of TOS and you are just respecting it or is it really a limit that wouldn't work to add more? I ask this because when I used MediaPortal, I remembered I could add how many cities I wanted (although I only added 2) and I guess they also used weather-com, but I could be wrong...

jmarshall Wrote:I don't see a problem with limiting it down to less than 3 if you want that, though it's probably non-trivial to change.
Really? I though it wouldn't be so hard to do it...

Either way, now what? Should I create a ticket in the trac or something? I know that, either way, this feature won't be implemented over night...
If you don't think it's hard, go right ahead and add it. It's opensource software, after all - a patch would be most welcome.

The addition of a ticket on trac would be useful - things that lie around on the forum are often forgotten.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

No need to be so harsh...

I never said it was easy or hard, I only thought that it wouldn't be that hard to implement such a feature.

C++ is not my cup of tea...
Trac already exists :- http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/492
Thanks.

But that trac item is asking for more, I ask for less lol... But I suppose that if some of the devs work on this or someone submits a patch, that it will work for both ways.

Case closed I guess Smile
I wasn't being harsh at all. In response to my "probably non-trivial to change", you stated "Really? I though it wouldn't be so hard to do it...". To which I followed up with the obvious: "If you don't think it's hard, go right ahead and add it."

No harshness was intended, rather just the facts: Someone has to code it up. Seeing as you want the feature, and don't think it'll be hard to do, you seem the ideal candidate for doing it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Well, I'm a programmer myself that's why I said that. But I'm not the ideal candidate for it cause I don't know C++, well, not enough, just the basic stuff that I know from C that I know it's equal to C++. Either way, what I know of C++ is not enough to help in the XBMC project, that's for sure.

But what I meant was, how hard can it be to allow the user to customize the number of cities he/she wants to monitor the weather? I don't understand how hard can it be to add a few conditions here and there. If you say it takes time to implement such a thing and it could take a few days/weeks, I understand and agree, but it shouldn't be hard, not for some C++ experienced programmer and even more, for someone that is already familiar with XBMC code. Hard as in implementing proper DXVA support, for instance, that's hard, at least compared to the weather thing.

But we can stop this discussion now, I'm not going to do it as I'm not a C++ programmer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALL] Allow to control how many weather cities we want to monitor0