Enable FTP Server missing from Network Settings
I'm new to XBMC and I'm trying to setup auto updating of library when sabnzbd is done downloading a file.. In order for me to do this I need to enable the FTP server option in XBMC..

However, when I go to settings > Network Settings > Server I don't have an "Enable FTP Server" option.. I only have "Enable Web Server".. I am running "XBMCSetup-Rev16555-kricker.exe" build..

Any ideas?

Thanks
The Linux/Mac and Windows port don't have any ftp server ported as it is easier to just use one from the OS.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:The Linux/Mac and Windows port don't have any ftp server ported as it is easier to just use one from the OS.

Makes sense... Any idea how I would do this then?

Quote:Here is a simple script I wrote to automatically update your XBMC library when a download is complete.

Create these two files in the following directories:

C:\Program Files\sabnzbd\updatelibrary.scr
Code:

open 192.168.0.110
username
password
literal site updatelibrary(video)
quit

Replace with your XBMC IP address and username and password

C:\Program Files\sabnzbd\scripts\updatelibrary.cmd
Code:

ftp -s:updatelibrary.scr

Prerequisites:

* Assign a static IP to XBMC, and enable FTP
* Setup Categories in SAB, enter a unique download folder for TV and one for Movies
* i.e. D:\Video\TV and D:\Video\Movies
* In XBMC assign a media type to the TV folder and Movies folder

Now every time you download a TV show or Movie, it will automatically be added to your XBMC library. If you don't keep your Xbox on all the time, turn on the "Update library at startup" feature.

Thanks
Try using the httpapi (search, wiki). Not sure if works though
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable FTP Server missing from Network Settings0