XBMC on ATV component 1080i issue
Hello,

I am having an issue with XBMC screen resolution when using component video and 1080i output on the Apple TV. I have an HDMI TV but want to use the Apple TV with a Sling media type device for internet Upload to a remote destination (Sony Locationfree).

The Sony device has component passthrough so the signal from the ATV will feed the Sony device then my TV. 720p does not look as sharp as 1080i on my TV especially text (I have bad eyesight) so I choose 1080i resolution in the ATV dashboard (component), but the XBMC screen resolution is a strange aspect ratio - it is 1280x1080 instead of 1920x1080. When I try to change the resolution to the 'Full Screen' option or even try to force it to 16:9 1080i it does not adjust the aspect ratio. This issue is not apparent and the aspect ratio is 16:9 using 720p over component. I have also tried to adjust My TV's settings in 720p mode to get more clearer text but no avail. Also I have directly plugged the component cable straight to the TV bypassing the Sony device.

I am using ATV 2.2 on XBMC 8.10 bf1. Has this issue already been fixed in a nightly?

Thank you for everyone's help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV component 1080i issue0