• 1(current)
XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono)
Smile 
UPDATE:

XBMC nfoScrape alpha2

- redesigned configuration
- added a bunch of new settings
- fixed some code

So, after playing around with the alternatives, I was a bit frustrated about the accuracy and the overall usability.

I decided to make my own version of a scraper.

What's the difference between this one and the rest?

Well, mostly it's the simplicity of it. Load your movie folder(s), select the movies you want to update, right click -> automode, and you should be set.

In my tests, ~99% of the movies were correctly scraped on first run. If anything is wrong, it is easy to fix.

Downloading is fully threaded with multiple simultaneous downloads, so speed should be satisfactory as well.

The GUI is simple and gives you the needed information.

When you're done with the initial run, feel free to use one of the more "developed" alternatives for editing... Smile

Download here: XBMC nfoScrape alpha2

Remember, not all functionality is implemented yet.
Very nice. Kudos to this evidently HIG-conscious project!
this looks nice. Does is also scrape rarred movies? Many movies I keep in rar since xbmc plays this natively and there is no need to decompress.
Is this for both linux and windows?
im very interested in this and was wondering
Where does it scrape IMDB or TMD?
Also if it scrapes booth can you choose your default one?
Does it scrape for the fanart and posters too? and where from?
Any plans to support scraping actors?
Is there any plans for trailer support?
Any plans for TV shows and episodes?
Noticed you have the IMDB tag was wondering if there was any chance for a TMD movie number for more accurate results?

Thanks man this looks very promising and love the simplicity of it.

Also i know its in Alpha testing stages and would love to test it i was wondering if i could make a small feature request.

1. When i edit and make sure there is the correct information for movies i want a column (or icon) that tells me ive edited that movie).
Thumbs Up 
terminalx:

This version has hardcoded .avi and .mkv, but this will change to a user-definable set of extensions.

cewan:

It is written using .net 3.5 so you should be able to run it using mono.

AaronG85:

Currently it will get the ID from imdb, then it will use that id to scrape fanart and posters from tmdb.

Full tmdb-scraping is on the list Smile

Actors are supported, but not editing them .. yet.
No trailers yet. TV shows will come...

The results are pretty much spot on as is, at least with my collection, so try it Smile

As for your feature request... the only way I save info about the movie is the xbmc xml-file. This will stay that way, but there may be a way to do it, i will keep it in the back of my head Smile

EDIT:

Download link added in first post!
Wow. That looks like something that I would feel very comfortable working with. The other applications that I've used did not give me that feeling. I'm mainly focused on TV Shows right now, but i'll keep my eye on this little app. It looks like something that i'd be able to easily use.
Wow, Awesome Awesome app!

So simple and clean and Precise! i really love it.

one question, can there be an option to save all fanart as simply fanart.jpg instead of the moviename-fanart?

thx again for the awesome app

PS +1 for a linux port if possible Smile

Zeltak
downloaded and testing will post findings tonight or tomorrow
I fired it up in Ubuntu using mono 2.2. It runs but it doesn't seem to scan the folder. I can't get it to list any movies. Will keep playing with it though.
Weird.

Currently it expects the format:

folder/moviefolder/movie.xxx

I will change this as soon as possible Smile

Are your movies in this format?

This is a VERY early version, so don't expect too much Wink
Looks good. I'll stay clear for now, since I'm using one of the more established alternatives, but in time I could see this turning out superior.

Edit: However if it supports movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, and movie.nfo I will surely use it now.
krypt2nite Wrote:Looks good. I'll stay clear for now, since I'm using one of the more established alternatives, but in time I could see this turning out superior.

Edit: However if it supports movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, and movie.nfo I'll will surely use it now.

Yes, it does..

as in "moviename.tbn" Smile
or as in literal movie.tbn, literal movie.nfo and literal fanart.jpg
yeah i would love an option to set how to save the files so for example the resulting output would give you movie.nfo folder.jpg and fanart.jpg in addition to the other formats Smile

thx again for your hard work...this scraper rocks

Zeltak
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono)0