New User
Having some spare time today I thought I would find a new HTPC front end, having been fed up with GBPVR for some time now.

I am quite excited about XBMC but have two initial questions:

Screensaver

Firstly when I select slideshow and browse to a folder containing thousands of JPG's, XBMC says the folder is empty.

Secondly, I would like the slideshow to kick in when a video is paused but even with slideshow selected it just seems to dim the screen. Does this mean I cannot have a slideshow kicking in when paused?

Aspect Ratio

Is there any way to change a video aspect ratio using my mouse? I do not have a keyboard connected to the machine.

Any help much appreciated Smile
1) not sure what you mean. if you mean in the screen saver settings, you are browsing for a folder, not a .jpg. so yes, the folder will show as empty if it has no subfolder.
2) what do you think the 'use dim if paused during video playback' is in the screensaver settings? Wink
3) mouse? MOUSE? and this is you call a htpc?? yes, you can use your evil input device, just use the sliders in the video osd.
spiff Wrote:1) not sure what you mean. if you mean in the screen saver settings, you are browsing for a folder, not a .jpg. so yes, the folder will show as empty if it has no subfolder.
2) what do you think the 'use dim if paused during video playback' is in the screensaver settings? Wink
3) mouse? MOUSE? and this is you call a htpc?? yes, you can use your evil input device, just use the sliders in the video osd.

Thanks for your reply.

1. Ok understand.

2. I see nothing that says "use dim if paused during video playback" in the screensaver settings. All I see is "Screensaver Mode" of which I have selected slideshow. The slideshow works when not in paused mode, i.e. at a menu, but during paused mode it just dims Sad

3. When I get a new machine it will have a remote, it used to have a keyboard but that got covered with beer too many times Smile Either way, thanks, found that bit.

Only other question apart from 2 above is, I have enabled resume for video as "ask" and yet when I go to a video I have already played part of, it just starts at the begining Sad
if you dont have 2) your version is outdated
spiff Wrote:if you dont have 2) your version is outdated

Odd, I downloaded it from the site today.
NaNook Wrote:Odd, I downloaded it from the site today.

Download jester's latest build from the 3rd party build post that is towards the top of this forum.
xanadu1979 Wrote:Download jester's latest build from the 3rd party build post that is towards the top of this forum.

Thanks, now got the option and will test in a bit.

Just need to get fonts a bit bigger and get resume working (which it is not) Sad
Not 100% sure about this, but I think the resume functionality is based on the movie being in the library. At least, I have observed the videos not resuming many times, and put it down to the fact that often I am not watching the video from the library but instead watching it in file mode. I assume that XBMC maybe stores the time information in the library so when you start playing again it can tell how far through you got when you last watched it.
With resume you have to be a certain amount into the file to have it offer resume. Should only be a few mins or so though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New User0