Live 8.10 rebooting on Zotac 630i-itx
I just got the above mentioned system and Live seems to reboot a lot.
Sometimes it takes 5 reboots to get into XBMC. It will boot to the splash screen...then do the Knight Rider loading bar (back and forth) and then all the sudden I'll get a BIOS splash screen.
Once it does boot, I can run for a while...but never more than about 30 minutes.

I'm running off of USB. I'm booted on another USB drive right now (it still took several tries. I'm currently scanning my video library right now (doing IMDB lookups).

I tried disabling a bunch of stuff in bios, but that didn't seem to help, so I reverted back to factory default.

Looking for ideas on where to head next.

This just in....I crashed again. So...on a whim I tried a Ubunto CD. I used the option "Try Ubunto without any change to your computer" and I get similar behavior.....tries to boot then reboots. Also tried "Safe graphics mode" and got the same result.

I guess I'm headed over to Ubuntu forums. Maybe someone here has had a similar problem and can provide some insite.

Looking forward to using this...so far looks great.
Good work

Thanks
Scott
An update on my own problem....I went into BIOS and loaded "fail-safe" settings instead of "optimized" settings and it works.
I posted on the Zotac forum to find out what is different between the two profiles.

I'm now struggling with fast video and no audio over DVI->HDMI. Working in another post on that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live 8.10 rebooting on Zotac 630i-itx0