.nfo files - Please help
Since I have multiple xbmc's throughout the house pointing to the same smb share, I decided that nfo files were a better route than imdb/themoviedb scraping. However, I can't get them to work.

Before I begin troubleshooting and posting debug logs, I wanted to confirm that my understanding of what I've read on the wiki and the forums is correct.

I had Movie Info Plus scrape my movies and TV shows and create nfo, fan art and posters. When I go into one of my movie folders (structured like this: /server/share/movie name/movie.avi, and XBMC source points to /server/share with the "Use folder names for lookups enabled) and run a library update it fails to see any of the nfo files. Now, a good portion of these movies were already scraped via imdb, so I deleted them from the library and forced a re-update, which again didn't pull the nfo and images I loaded in with movie info plus.

Is my understanding correct that when adding a new movie to the library it will first look to the nfo file then scrape the online source only of the nfo doesn't exist? If so, I can start creating debug logs to troubleshoot but I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid first.

Also I'm running Atlantis (8.1), the Live edition.
eamiryar Wrote:Since I have multiple xbmc's throughout the house pointing to the same smb share, I decided that nfo files were a better route than imdb/themoviedb scraping. However, I can't get them to work.
Actually the two are not mutually exclusive, you can have nfo's with URLs

What happens if you press info on one of the movie folders while in files mode?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Actually the two are not mutually exclusive, you can have nfo's with URLs

What happens if you press info on one of the movie folders while in files mode?

Thank you for that info. When I do info from file mode, it seems to use the info from the nfo file and associated images that the scraper put in my smb share. But they don't seem to update in library mode when I choose "Update Library."
I saw something similar on a recent build when I switched from themoviedb to imdb via set content.
Have not investigated further (strangely enough, it suited me fine in that particular profile)

You may want to try to back up your db, delete it and start over, if not only to see if it fixes anyhing. (You can always return to the backup).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:I saw something similar on a recent build when I switched from themoviedb to imdb via set content.
Have not investigated further (strangely enough, it suited me fine in that particular profile)

You may want to try to back up your db, delete it and start over, if not only to see if it fixes anyhing. (You can always return to the backup).

Thanks, I'll give that a shot and report back.
I had this exact problem.

See if this thread helps

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45270
for trying with nfo files

see my reply here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45215

maybe this 'fake' scraper could be included in the SVN, or a simply checkbox in the content selection for use only the nfo files.
Thank you for the tips guys. I will try them tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo files - Please help0