Harmony ONE and USB-UIRT
I own the Logitech Harmony ONE and the USB-UIRT device with the 1.4xp driver. Also using the external player option with Media Player Classic as external player. What is the best/most simple way to make my remote works for XBMC (only need ARROW, BACK and ENTER functionality) AND Media Player Classic (only need a few functions in this too).
Don't dream your life, live your dream
Load their respective plug ins and then use the 'Exclusive enable' function.
Hitcher Wrote:Load their respective plug ins and then use the 'Exclusive enable' function.

Sorry Hitcher, I don t understand what you mean Blush
Can you explain again in other words?
Sorry, I thought you were using EventGhost.
No I don t use anything at this moment. So maybe you can help me on my way? Like I said: Looking for a simple straightforward solution to make my One work with XBMC and Media Player Classic both.

EDIT: just found GIRDER. Is this program good to use?
I prefer EventGhost to be honest.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38160
when using the harmony one with a usbuirt, what device would be best to setup the harmony as? (tried xbox remote, mce, sony dvd player, and a few others)

I've tried a few, and cant get smooth direction movement when using eventghost with xbmc (its laggy sometimes, or if not, i cant get the up/down/left/right presses to smoothly repeat when the button is held down)

any help would be appricated
Dwolf Wrote:when using the harmony one with a usbuirt, what device would be best to setup the harmony as? (tried xbox remote, mce, sony dvd player, and a few others)

I've tried a few, and cant get smooth direction movement when using eventghost with xbmc (its laggy sometimes, or if not, i cant get the up/down/left/right presses to smoothly repeat when the button is held down)

any help would be appricated

I've set my up to emulate the Xbox 360 media remote.

I discovered that the lag I had was caused by interference from my plasma TV so I moved the USB-UIRT alway from it.
Hitcher Wrote:I've set my up to emulate the Xbox 360 media remote.

I discovered that the lag I had was caused by interference from my plasma TV so I moved the USB-UIRT alway from it.

did u change any of the default xbmc eventsever settings?

also did you change/adjust any other settings in evenghost (like on the usbuirt plugin - pass short repeat codes as enduring events?) .. or any other macros, etc?

so .. setup harmony one as xbox 360 media remote , asign remote ir codes to actions in xbmc , and thats it? (the directional keys too?, or are you emulating keystrokes with them?)

when i get off work later, i will have to do some experimenting
I didn't change any settings in XBMC but I did change the Up, Down, Left, Right and Select to emulate their key presses (to keep sounds) and then I added an Autorepeat Macro to them.
Hitcher Wrote:I didn't change any settings in XBMC but I did change the Up, Down, Left, Right and Select to emulate their key presses (to keep sounds) and then I added an Autorepeat Macro to them.

It works almost perfect now! I ve put all delay times in the Logitech One on 0ms and the reaction response is great! However I still have some minor questions:

1. When I press eg. the right button of my remote AND KEEP IT PRESSED, he only slides ONE place to the right. Is it possible to config eventghost in some way so it behaves the same as pressing your keyboard right button AND HOLD IT?

2. You talk about Autorepeat Macro. What is that?

3. You say that it is possible to assign a sound to a few buttons I would like to have a 'click' correct? Can you tell me how to config this?

thxz!
1. See 2.

2. The 'Autorepeat Macro' does exactly what you want for 1. - repeats the button if it's held down.

3. The XBMC Actions don't (currently) produce navigation sounds so all I did was disable the Actions Up, Down Left, Right & Select and put in their emulated keyboard presses instead (plus the Auto Repeat macro).
thxz Hitcher!

I cannot find an auto-repeat function ANYWHERE in EventGhost 0.3.7 R851
I think it's found under the EventGhost macros.

EDIT: You can Copy & Paste it in to any functions you want repeating by the way.
it must be me but I really cannot find it anywhere. I can only:

- add plugin
- add folder
- add macro
- add event
- add action

When I expand the XBMC folder and right-click on eg. UP and select 'Configure Item' I get a notification: ''You can't configure this item. Only action, event and plugin items are configurable''

When I expand eg. UP I see the action 'XBMC: Up'. When right-clicking on this action and select 'Configure Item' I see a TEST button and a notification 'This action has no options to configure'.

Really don t know where to look elswhere....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony ONE and USB-UIRT0