Running XBMC causing system crash.
Hi I have a problem where if I run XBMC twice it crashes the program and my computer. The first time I run its runs fine. The second time I run it it never makes it into the program and its crashes and I can't even close it with Ctrl+alt+del. or by closing the process in the task manager.

On top of it after I run the program once, then every program on my comp crashes...including VLC, firefox...and so on and none of these program and able to exit using ctrl+alt delete. The USB ports stop working. I have to manually restart the comp. I did a deep scan on my comp with bitdefender and there are no viruses.

My XBMC was working fine for a month until this problem developed recently. Only thing I did was install the latest kricker build and then switch back to XBMC. I had the same problem previously and reinstalled windows and everything worked fine. Now its happening again. Any help for be appreciated. I have the pasted the debugging logs below.

First log is for a normal run

http://pastebin.com/m6be9d08c

After i exit the program almost anything and everything starts crashing on my comp.

Second log is for when the program crashes.

http://pastebin.com/m6c052a67

Can anyone help me out in telling me where the problem is by looking at these logs. Thanks.

Also my comp works fine as long as I don't run XBMC. After I run it everything starts crashing.
get the latest build and try again (see sticky)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I already tired all the latest builds. The problem actually started with I updated from the stock 8.10 build to kricker's latest build. Then I uninstalled that and tried to go back to the original, but the problem never fixed itself.

Very confused...because I use XBMC a lot and this really sucks that evertime I use it pretty makes everything on my comp crash afterwords.
any help...anyone else having this problem?

If it helps, below I posted a log from when everything ran well on the system. This log is from about 2 days before XBMC/my OS started crashing with running XBMC requiring me to hard reset the computer each time. I installed no new progmans in between.

http://pastebin.com/m1fc0aa60
Can you play any video during the first time ?
I am pretty sure I could...but I'll have to double check. I am actually away from my place for a few days. What difference would it make if I can or can't?

I know that all movies work fine on VLC prior to starting XBMC. Once I run XBMC ...then VLC won't play any movies, it just crashes on each load. Firefox won't surf any webpages...everything times out...(however the internet is working) cause utorrent dl speed is not affected.

Then running XBMC again it just never loads paste this point in the second log I posted
http://pastebin.com/m6c052a67

I can't kill the process from task manager and end up having to hard reset the computer to get everything working.

First thing that came to my mind is virus...but I a deep full system scan with bitdefender was clean and the problem seems particular to XBMC since all the crashes occur after I run the program.

I though maybe one of the running programs is interfering with XBMC...so I stopped all running programs and still no go. IS XBMC dependant on the .net framework...cause I am runnning Eventghost and Rapidshare auto both of which are 3rd party programs using .net framework. Eventghost I doubt would cause any problems since so many ppl here use it and it works fine.

Also like I said everything was working fine for a month and things went haywire, when I tried to install the latest SVN version. With that It would only play XBMC in the window mode and not the full screen mode on the second monitor with ultramon. (the process would run but nothing would come on the monitor) So I went back to the original install and that doesn't work either.
you might have the 'calibration' bug... the rest of your computer crashing is probably not an XBMC issue but a stability issue.

read this thread and try the suggestions... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44386
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thanks. I actually just found and read that thread minutes before seeing your post. My problem sounds very similar to the calibration bug.. but the only issue is that for most of these ppl the problem resolved after going back to an earlier version. For me the earlier version keeps crashing too.
Setup
Kodi v17.6
Gigabyte GA-Z85N-WIFI + Intel 4670K with onboard gfx / sound
Win 7 Prof 64bit + Denon X3100 + Benq HT1070
delete everything related to XBMC on your drive, including in your profile... if that does not work, rebuild your entire OS
Have already tried to delete everything XBMC related. Problem is that it didn't work. Only thing I didn't do was delete each and every mention of XBMC in the registry. I can try that too.

When you say rebuild the OS...does that mean reinstall the OS? Cause that's one thing I'd like to avoid to do. I just did it about an month ago for a similar problem...and I can't keep reinstalling the OS each time XBMC bugs up. Or is there a way to re-install the OS and keep the intact registry of programs?
Setup
Kodi v17.6
Gigabyte GA-Z85N-WIFI + Intel 4670K with onboard gfx / sound
Win 7 Prof 64bit + Denon X3100 + Benq HT1070
you can try reinstalling over the top but it is not likely to fix anything. Try installing SP3 and all newer patches again to see if that helps. If not, it sounds like your system is not stable... could be driver issues, could be hardware, no telling.

I'd bet your issue is not XBMC since no one else's OS crashes running it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running XBMC causing system crash.0