MCE remote worked once....
I just got my MCE remote and installed IRC following this thread http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Inst...stall_Lirc

I ran the "irw" and everything was working fine, eventhough the last step of the install said [fail]. "irw" was showing all the buttons functioning properly. I then booted up into xbmc and everything was working great. I was surprised how easy everything was working. I then tried to put my pc asleep. That worked. It woke up with the power button - Great! But then after i put my pc in hibernate, I was no longer getting the controller to work. It started my pc with the controller. "irw" was no longer reporting any of the keys? I have since tried to restart the module with no luck. It seems to be working again only after i completely restarted my pc.

How can I get my controller to still work after hibernation?

How can i use the power button to start up my pc, but NOT start up my xbox 360 at the same time? (i'm sure others have this same situation)
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Try this mybe work.
Quote:Basically, there are a bunch of jumpers on my motherboard to control USB wake-up behavior. Setting them to +5VSB (wake from S3 and S4) instead of +5V (wake from S1) gives me working suspend without the instant wake-up problem.

if its not enough look this post for more.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45795
i'm not getting an instant wake up. It seems to stay asleep. I just wanted to use the hibernate feature instead of the suspend mode. The controller is waking up the pc in either mode.

The other problem is how to power up only my computer and not the 360...
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
you must give us more info like system logs or xbmc logs.
being pretty much an idiot with linux, can you point me in the right direction for the system logs and I do not think this is an xbmc problem....
in /var/log directory you have system logs, and /var/tmp xbmc log.
first look /var/log/hibernate.log and /var/log/pm-suspend.log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote worked once....0