Community Coder Effort Request
Exclamation 
I'm asking for a bit of community help with coding. I'm absolutely NO GOOD with coding, so I'm asking for a bit of help with My Xperience Skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45768

I will be doing most of the GFX cause that's what i can handle. Anyone willing to help please let me know Smile
In case you're a bit miffed by the lack of replies, bear in mind that coding for XBMC to current standards is an exquisitely demanding job. The amount of work required to separate all the assets, establish functionality, incorporate the minutiae of different media types, and work around whichever limitations arise, is astronomical. Even if someone takes up the offer, the chances of them being there at the end are pretty slight, which leaves you with the exasperating scenario of a half-finished skin.

The other problem is that the moment you rely on someone else to join the dots for you, you're constantly stuck at one point or another. And if there's one thing I've found doing Aeon, it's that you have to use every minute that's available to get anything done.

So I'd seriously recommend taking a skin like PMIII, checking out the XBMC Online Manual, and figuring out the coding side yourself. It's really very logical and is actually a lot of fun, and extremely gratifying when it works. And you'll have that complete control over the pace and direction of your work, which is vital when new XBMC features pop up as quickly as they are at the moment.
this is a bit embarrassing but I have dyslexia. So reading the wiki would take me ages lol, but suffice it to say I'm trying. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Community Coder Effort Request0