reboots & no graphics
Hi,

I'm a new user to XBMC, so forgive me if these seem like dumb questions.

My setup is pretty much as standard as it gets.

I had previously hacked my ATV and had all the usual ATVFiles & NitoTV on it for some time but I decided to give XBMC a try. I know its not necessary, but I decided to restored my system first, re-upgrade the Apple o/s and then installed XBMC using the USBCreator.

I have a Drobo Mass Storage system on my network and I have been able to add that as a source and indeed movies seem to play fine with my initial tests (I haven't tried to watch anything all the way through yet) but the stream seems to be stable and glitch free.

I can't seem to find a way to get any graphical listings up for my files though.
If I into "Watch my Movies" instead of "Watch my Videos", I get a message saying "No scanned information for this view" appear. I have scoured the menu's & settings trying to figure out how to populate this area without success. I'm guessing if your a previous XBMC user this might be more obvious than it appears using it for the first time on an ATV.

I'm not exactly sure what the difference is supposed to be between the "Video" menu and the "Movie" menu anyway, it will just confuse the missus as to which one she's supposed to use :-)

In my attempts to try and figure this out, I have been pressing all kinds of button combination's in each XBMC screen to try and see if I get a different menu appear (like holding menu down) but I have given up and resorted to asking here :-) In doing this though, I have found XBMC has crashed and rebooted the ATV a few times :-(
I've been reading the manual (pre-empting the suggestion) , I assume to get the graphics to appear, I have to use a scraper but when I bring up the "Context Menu" and select "Set Content", no options appear. The manual suggests I should get the option of "Movies, TV Shows or Music Videos".

P.S.
In doing this, I have had 2 x reboots from XBMC simply from going into "Watch my Videos" and holding down the menu button :-(

No offense to the hard work involved in this project, but I think this is a little flaky at the moment, I could understand it if it was rebooting from trying to decode a bad file or something but I'm just menu navigating at the moment!

[Update]

Ok, I managed to get the Category "Movie" show up by pressing a combination of left , right, up or down, not sure which in the end.
I think the problem is, the interface is not displaying stuff properly. The only option in the list was "<none>" that I could see but "Movie" appeared as if I had selected it but it was by chance as I couldn't physically see it as an option !?!?!
"First sign of madness, talking to ones self"

So re: the above.

I have persevered with this but am starting to lose all hope that this is a workable solution to be honest.

I hate to admit defeat but after all the "valid" glitches mentioned above, I managed to initiate a scrape of IMBD. I tried it with a small directory of only 40 odd movies.
Not only did it take forever but the results were abysmal, it got 3 correct out of all of them!!!!
Some it didn't identify at all an the rest of the movies are now stuck with some jap crap artwork called "Trigun Remix Volume 3". My listings now look worse than they did with no graphics at all!?!?!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reboots & no graphics0