screen help
hi all, whats the best refresh rate to use on xbmc and everything else on my computer?

is it best to use the max supported? i think my lcd tv supports up to 75hz but at the moment i think everything is set at 60hz on my computer, what would be the best refresh rate to use and why?

and also i have an lcd tv that is 1080p and my computer is connected to it

on my desktop the resolution is 1024x768, if i have anything higher the writing gets smaller so things are harder to see

should i be able to set an option for 1080p in xbmc? and if i can will i be able to watch 1080p movies and have the 1080p quality? or will my desktop being 1024x768 prevent 1080p quality

i dont see an option to set 1080p in xbmc, i only see an option for 1080i

what is the auto option for, does that automatically detect your max screen resolution or does it auto detect desktop resolution and play everything in 1024x768?
how is your PC connected to your tv?

Many TV's support 1080p but only through HDMI and component inputs.

VGA or DVI connections can often have lesser max resolutions.
i have a ati hd4870 graphics card with 2 dvi outputs and my tv has a few hdmi inputs, i have a dvi to hdmi lead going from pc to tv and my tv is a LG 375000

what about refresh rate and the other questions?

thank you
hmm that's odd then - you should be able to do 1080p on that TV via HDMI with that vid card. no hardware problem there.

xbmc can only select the resolutions that your driver reports back are available. no problem with xbmc there.

Your problem is with the drivers - have you tried the latest ati drivers? You can also go into catalyst control centre and force the drivers to include resolutions that the TV is not reporting as supported (1080p) and try that.

Once you get windows displaying at 1080p then xbmc will allow you to select it.

Re: refresh rates - I'm no expert on this, but for movie playback you want the closest refresh rate to your source video framerate (24hz usually) - I don't know if your TV supports 24hz though. For the front end I dunno - if you're happy with 60 I'd stay there?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen help0