How to remove automatic movie details?
I'm using showcase in file mode. In library mode I'm not getting the right name of the film if the database contains the wrong info. In file mode I will still have the real name of the film.

When you stop on a movie after 3 seconds it will show an empty overlay.
I can only assume this overlay is supposed to show me info about the movie. Alas, it is empty.

I have tried to turn it off. In Horizonz -> Features there's an option for it. But it doesn't change its behaviour.

How to get it to work or turn it off all together?

I'm using a Feb 26th, 2009 SVN
Use Media companion (Try it out) or be sure that the Movie names are correct.
Use for example the exact name incl. year as Imdb does.
I do Both and have a perfect library.
Edit:
How to remove automatic movie details?
Delete : userdata\Database\MyVideos34.db
Delete : userdata\Thumbnails\Video

You have to do this when you want to refresh your compleet library with the .nfo, .tbn, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg files that were scraped by media companion.
I wasn't really looking for a way to get the library in sync.
I'm more interested in getting rid of this empty overlay in showcase/file mode.

Maybe an xml edit?
It would be nice to be able to turn it off, or have the time user settable...
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I don't get it, Why do you wanne get rid of this (turn it off) iff you can fill that overlay very easy ?
And get your file view and library view in sync. and use all features off XBMC.
I have set IMDB as the scraper....
I have selected all options of that scraper (Enable Full Cast Credits, Enable IMPA Awards, Enable MoviePosterDB, Enable Trailer, Enable Fanart) and still I'm getting nothing in that overlay.

BTW, I'm getting all other info like movie information when I ask for it. Just that overlay is empty. Next to that, I would like that info only about 8 seconds.

I wanted to try that media companion you're talking about. I will continue googling for it, but so far I couldn't find any info on it.
Waffa Wrote:I don't get it, Why do you wanne get rid of this (turn it off) iff you can fill that overlay very easy ?
And get your file view and library view in sync. and use all features off XBMC.

why do some people like chocolate more than vanilla... preference. I don't need it to show me the summary.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Is this what you're talking about Frater?

I never use file mode, but I didn't know what overlay you could be talking about, so I took a look and that's what I got.. Shouldn't be difficult to remove..

This is the link for Media Companion.. I love it..
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33961
Hi, I already did it myself.
It's in includes.xml
I changed the 2 lines in the function movieinfo and movieinfo2 so the delay is now 8 seconds. The 8 seconds is much more appropriate because the fanart only displays after about 2 seconds and it should take some more time before another change (getting rid of the unfocused videos) is being done.

Code:
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="150" delay="8000">Visible</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="150" delay="8000">WindowOpen</animation>

Because I also changed a bit in the overlays (made them more transparent) I don't mind this overlay anymore as it will now give me more of the fanart.

Still, I don't understand why this overlay isn't working as there should of course be info in there.
For the time being I'm satisfied. If anyone is interested in my subtle changes of the skin, I will post the textures.xpr.

If someone knows how to get this to work, I'll be much obliged.
IMDB scraper has been disabled. You need to change the scraper to tmdb.com. OR, use Movie Info Plus or Media Companion, as suggested above.
I don't know which SVN you're referring to, but in my SVN (28-2-2009) the IMDB scraper has been enabled again (for about a 1/2 month).

TVDB does the same.
Everybody commenting on this issue
I'm talking about showcase / filemode.
All this info is there when I choose Library!
I have gotten this to work in Horizons 3 by commenting out a few lines in the xml files. It does what you intend but I cannot guarantee that it doesnt alter other views as well as I really know nothing about skinning.

remember this is Horizons 3. I have not downloaded the newest one.

Replace the contents of /720p/Includes.xml with:

http://pastebin.com/m4c4adc99

That should get rid of the blank overlay and the rotating "director" text etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remove automatic movie details?0