Build 18153 and up Win32 Fails
Sad 
I've even tried a complete re-download from SVN and it still has the same errors. No

They are as follows:
XBMC_PC fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
XBMC_PC error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall DTSCodec:Big GrinTSCodec(void)" (??0DTSCodec@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: static class ICodec * __cdecl CodecFactory::CreateCodec(class CStdStr<char> const &)" (?CreateCodec@CodecFactory@@SAPAVICodec@@ABV?$CStdStr@D@@@Z)
XBMC_PC error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall DTSCDDACodec:Big GrinTSCDDACodec(void)" (??0DTSCDDACodec@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: static class ICodec * __cdecl CodecFactory::CreateCodecDemux(class CStdStr<char> const &,class CStdStr<char> const &,unsigned int)" (?CreateCodecDemux@CodecFactory@@SAPAVICodec@@ABV?$CStdStr@D@@0I@Z)

that is after like 160 warning issues with python

XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _free imported in function _zcfree
c:\xbmc-win32\xbmc\PlayList.cpp(344): warning C4675: 'void boost:Confusedwap<CFileItem>(boost:Confusedhared_ptr<T> &,boost:Confusedhared_ptr<T> &)' : resolved overload was found by argument-dependent lookup
with
[
T=CFileItem
]
c:\xbmc-win32\xbmc\cores\ffmpeg\rational.h(51): warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from 'const int64_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
c:\xbmc-win32\xbmc\cores\DllLoader\exports\emu_socket\getnameinfo.c(212): warning C4133: '=' : incompatible types - from 'hostent *' to 'mphostent *'
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyRun_SimpleString imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::InitializeInterpreter(void)" (?InitializeInterpreter@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyRun_SimpleString imported in function "public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)" (??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyEval_ReleaseLock imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Initialize(void)" (?Initialize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PyEval_ReleaseLock imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PyEval_ReleaseLock imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyThreadState_Get imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Initialize(void)" (?Initialize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PySys_SetArgv imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Initialize(void)" (?Initialize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PySys_SetArgv imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyEval_InitThreads imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Initialize(void)" (?Initialize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _Py_Initialize imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Initialize(void)" (?Initialize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _Py_Finalize imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Finalize(void)" (?Finalize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyThreadState_Swap imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Finalize(void)" (?Finalize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PyThreadState_Swap imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PyThreadState_Swap imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyEval_AcquireLock imported in function "public: void __thiscall XBPython::Finalize(void)" (?Finalize@XBPython@@QAEXXZ)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PyEval_AcquireLock imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PyEval_AcquireLock imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _PyErr_SetString imported
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _PyErr_SetString imported in function "int __cdecl xbTrace(struct _object *,struct _frame *,int,struct _object *)" (?xbTrace@@YAHPAU_object@@PAU_frame@@H0@Z)
XBMC_PC warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _Py_EndInterpreter

There are dozens more but they won't fit in this post

Am I missing something?
You're building using VS 2003 which is always going to be hit and miss. Most developers use the 2008 project files.

You just need to add the files to the project (DTSCodec.cpp/h)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You're building using VS 2003 which is always going to be hit and miss. Most developers use the 2008 project files.

You just need to add the files to the project (DTSCodec.cpp/h)

Thanks for the reply, where Do I get the DTSCodec.cpp and H from and put them where?. I don't use the gui to build so I have little knowledge on what you mean about adding them to the project, let alone where I am supposed to get them. It wasn't listed in the readme anywhere Sad

I have been using 2003 since XBMC has been out and have pretty much gotten the entire build process down to 3 clicks of the mouse lol. which is why I haven't changed to 2008.

Can I use a build script for 2008? and if so can I just mod the one that comes with CVS?

Sorry for all the questions, but I would like to know Smile

TIA
You likely already have them from the last time you updated your source tree. You need to add them to the project file so VS knows to build them is all.
I added the cpp file to the "source files" and the h to the "header files" sections in 2003 and it still errors, though with only 1 error now instead of 2 as before.

XBMC_PC error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall DTSCDDACodec:Big GrinTSCDDACodec(void)" (??0DTSCDDACodec@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: static class ICodec * __cdecl CodecFactory::CreateCodecDemux(class CStdStr<char> const &,class CStdStr<char> const &,unsigned int)" (?CreateCodecDemux@CodecFactory@@SAPAVICodec@@ABV?$CStdStr@D@@0I@Z)

So I added the DTSCDDACodec.cpp/H as well and did a clean solution and build solution from the GUI and it still borks Sad
had my first go at compiling with VSS 2003 tonight and had same problem ... also had to add DTSCDDACodec.cpp/.h & DTSCodec.cpp/.h. For me this fixed it & it built ok?

What is your error now?
xenu Wrote:had my first go at compiling with VSS 2003 tonight and had same problem ... also had to add DTSCDDACodec.cpp/.h & DTSCodec.cpp/.h. For me this fixed it & it built ok?

What is your error now?

Not sure, I went with the more laborous route of using VS 2008 Sad I might try out the cmd build again though to test it.

Glad to hear you got it working in 03 again.
still a nogo Sad

Surface.cpp
Surface.cpp(1005) : error C3861: 'SDL_SetWidthHeight': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build 18153 and up Win32 Fails1