Adding Droboshare as a media source to XBMC?
geebee75 Wrote:Only logical conclusion considering everything else seems to work.

So why won't XBMC connect to Droboshare's SMB? Where are the debug logs so we can see what's going on?

might be fixed, see here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50677
Best bet is to connect to droboshare via windows networking (SMB) choice in the add source menu.

The droboshare is a f***ing nightmare and should be with drawn from marke in my opiniont. What it did too my files was dangerous. The drobo is great the share is crap.

After my drobo finally nearly giving up letting me touch any files I tried to change, I put disk warrior on it and it pulled up 1500 files that had been hidden and not deleted correctly due to permissions issues on droboshare.

You have been warned.
Posting this for anyone landing here searching for connecting XBMC to Droboshare:

If you can't connect XBMC to your Droboshare volume, blank out the "Default Gateway" field on your Droboshare, connect it to the same switch that your Mac or AppleTV is on and try it that way.

If it connects, then its your router/gateway being a pain in the a**. At least now you know where to look.

Also, if you are able to, install XBMC on a plain Mac and as noted above, connect it to the same switch the Droboshare is on. (Just to test). Still blank out the Default Gateway on the Droboshare for now. From your Mac workstation, go to a command prompt and run "smbclient -L droboshare" (assuming your Droboshare's name is droboshare). If your Mac can see the shares, then so should XBMC. Theoretically speaking anyway.

If that works, then go into XBMC and add a Source. It should work there as well. If it does, focus on your router/gateway. Or just leave the Droboshare gatewayless as long as the devices you want to access it are on the same switch its connected to.

Hope this helps people a little. This was a giant pain in the butt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Droboshare as a media source to XBMC?0