Backing up XBMC on Apple TV
Exclamation 
What would be the best way to backup XBMC database and configuration on the Apple TV? Currently I just copy over the XMBC folder at Users/Frontrow/Library/Application Support and the com.teamxbmc.plist file.

Is there anything else I should worry about in the event of a XBMC reinstall?
anyone?
Not sure if this answers your questions, but what I do:

I use XBMC Media Companion to scrape all my movies/TV shows, which puts an NFO file inside the directory of each video/TV show on my NAS. If anything ever happens to my Apple TV (ie, it dies), I don't loose anything other than the small amount of time needed to rescrape the NFO files.

I have two XBMC Apple TV setups so this makes it easier to keep each in sync with the other.
I believe Guille779 is asking about the basics of XBMC and how to backup/restore all of the settings ... appearance, network, region, SMB share info, etc etc.

In the XBox world, I would simply backup the userdata folder and then restore it after re-installing/upgrading XBMC. But in the AppleTV world this approach has not been as successful. My last attempt restored my cosmetic settings but left my SMB settings in limbo. Any attempts to access my media shares after restoring userdata resulted in XBMC exitting with some error code (error code 4 if I recall).

Anyway ... if someone can share the secrets behind this that would be awesome. i.e. what do we need to backup before we upgrade the aTV from 2.3 to 2.3.1, re-patch, re-install XBMC, etc and then where to restore this backup after-the-fact to return XBMC on aTV to normal.

Cool
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM
XBMC4Ever Wrote:I believe Guille779 is asking about the basics of XBMC and how to backup/restore all of the settings ... appearance, network, region, SMB share info, etc etc.

In the XBox world, I would simply backup the userdata folder and then restore it after re-installing/upgrading XBMC. But in the AppleTV world this approach has not been as successful. My last attempt restored my cosmetic settings but left my SMB settings in limbo. Any attempts to access my media shares after restoring userdata resulted in XBMC exitting with some error code (error code 4 if I recall).

Anyway ... if someone can share the secrets behind this that would be awesome. i.e. what do we need to backup before we upgrade the aTV from 2.3 to 2.3.1, re-patch, re-install XBMC, etc and then where to restore this backup after-the-fact to return XBMC on aTV to normal.

Cool

That's exactly it. Scraping the media again wouldn't be much of an issue, as I have a pretty well organized media drive with fanart and nfo files. The settings I want to backup is everything else: cosmetics (skin) settings, audio and video settings, network settings, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backing up XBMC on Apple TV0